I'm the new guy saying hello with a few questions

Thanks for the reply @DanBeforeTime!! Do they happen to regenerate in the mountains and caves already explored, or do I need to find new ones? Thank you!

I have a few requests baskets at my HQ in Glehn republic. Feel free do check it out and drop off any materials for coin. Quickest way to get to the HQ is through the transfer station is Pixel gate.

You get a decent amount of fragments and components from meteors on lvl0 and lvl1 planets too.

They regenerate, everything outside of plotted land regenerates after a set amount of time

Thanks for the reply and hi @Simoyd!! I have seen a few old meteors lying around but not high enough tools yet to chip at them. Or do they have to be active meteors? Also How do you tell the level of a planet? I am guessing that Solum is a level 0 or 1?

Thank you for the reply and hi @Nevioni!! I didn’t know the land regenerates after a set time. I will go in to a few of the cavees I see around my area and check them out. Should I bring slingbows in the event I run across anything under there?

no monsters in caves just yet - but you always need a sling as crazy spitters and wildstock might sometime follow you down the hole;
also needed any time you run around any world

Hey there @wolvy68! Welcome to Boundless! It’s good to bring a slingbow where available and a strong enough slingbow for the tier planet you are on just in case you need to defend yourself, creatures don’t currently spawn underground in caves, but occasionally mobs might fall in and roam the caves aimlessly.

For some good tips and information i recommend reading some of these:

It has quite a bit of information posted by others to help new players like you, i also have one in the list somewhere if you’d like a more in depth idea on tool usage, masteries, attributes and what kind of tools are what, but there is also lots of information in @Stretchious’ website he has built for the community to use in finding crafting recipes, what planets there are and where to find certain resources: http://boundlesscrafting.com/

@Stretchious is also working on a work in progress skill calculator, that you can find here: Boundless Crafting

It’s quite stable from my experience and is very helpful for planning out that perfect character! :smiley:

I hope this was of great help, and I hope you’ll enjoy the game Wonderstruck has created so far!

Solum is level 0, You can get through with an iron hammer, not sure about copper or lower. I think they probably need to be completed meteors otherwise you only get an oortstone or two and nothing else.

1 Like

I often get a oortstone or fossil from the dormant meteors so they’re definitely worth breaking open. As for the tool, you just need an iron hammer and as you’ve built a crafting bench you’re close to getting one but it you need one I’m happy to give you one.

1 Like

when you break a dormant meteorite on home world you might get oortstone but sometime only fossil or tech fragment; when you travel to more dangerous worlds, dormant meteorites can yield 2-3 oort stones;

whats inside meteorites (both dormant and completed through fighting mobs) depends on both world level and meteorite level itself

tryd to check out ya build @wolvy68 but could not find it :smile:

1 Like

Though, I believe @Eldwen and Lietty have a sort of new-player ‘job board’ at their shop/home area.

2 Likes

Hi @the-moebius!! I would be happy to join as a citizen if you would like more people. :grinning: Just don’t ask me to build anything, LOL After playing World of Warcraft for over 10 years, I have found I am better at farming or gathering. :wink: I just added a name to my beacon, Wolvy’s hideaway, and opened it up to strangers. lol Sorry, I took for granted that if there are jobs that people may offer coin for those who gather for them. When I was tinkering around with Ascent: The Space Game, people in chat would say they need so much ore at this price, People would then haul it to that person’s space station and get paid for helping them gather the ore. If I don’t catch you today, I will message you on the forum and let you know when I can be on. Tank you for the reply!!

Thank you for the reply Stormsoul and thank you for the info! I will check out their shop.

We had a “job board” designed for new players, but have taken it down temporarily while a minor issue is handled. The likelihood of us re-posting it at our shops location is unlikely as our guild will be offering the same services but on a much larger scale. I’ll be in charge of that side of things once the guild takes it over, so it will be along the same lines as before, just with the backing of multiple people to help support its functionality and participation. More info on this has already been posted in the Portal Seekers thread and will be updated there and our new guild area upon its completion.

Cheers,
-Eld

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Eldwen! I will check out the thread. Where are the portal seekers located or where would I go to look for jobs once the guild has it up and running? I am not sure how much I will be able to be on. I am EST in Florida and work in a hospital normally around 3 days a week, 12 hours a day. Sometimes I have a couple days off in a row, sometimes just one. LOL Not sure if there is a online time requirement for the guild otherwise I may join.

I’m down here with you (somewhere) in Florida. I just put up some fossil stuff at my Aquatopia Gardens property, too. I don’t know if the prices on 'em are reasonable, but they shouldn’t break the bank if you want to buy some. I’ve got a free mining site out in Campus Quanell, protected from the evil critters that cover the landscape, too, so if you want to know how to get there, let me know.

Thanks for the reply @brook-monroe!! In central myself, near Orlando. I have been wandering off into some caves nearby and got about nine of them and a lot of iron. Coal is a little scarce but working on it. I will definitely check out the shop. I will get with you later on the directions there.

Cool. I’m not far from Orlando myself…up I-4 to the NE. I’ll be on after 7PM or so.