Cloud city in the sky

I’m thinking about creating a sky city on vulpto, and was wondering what material, shape, etc. would be good for a cloud in the sky, and the stairs to it.

4 Likes

ATM I’m thinking ice, refined white meta., white gravel, glass

1 Like

That sounds really awesome! What is the build ceiling? Do we know? I hope its very high :smile:

Altitude of 256 is the cap. Sea level on all the current planets is 64 IIRC, so it’s usually a fair bit of space to build in, unless you’re above mountains

3 Likes

I don’t want to self-advertise, considering this build is no longer accessible; however @obsidious1 you may like to scroll up and/or down in an old post of mine.

Also, you could perchance consider not doing any stairs at all, but instead use a portal access only type of sky city. It’s only a thought. Oh and I will surely visit…

3 Likes

My plan was to do stairs(slope) and a slide(four) to magma. Glass cage, refined white meta/ice

And building the bottom of the cloud on the 3rd plot from the top, my goal is people seeing a cloud in the sky, from the ground.

white gleam would be perfect for this a shame its not ingame yet
i can show oyu an example off it if ya see me in aquatopia

Glitch on visual?

1 Like

Stairs? Come on man, portals is where it’s at!

1 Like

I can see how stairs could potentially be a vital element in the - what might be @obsidious1’s - intentional passage from the physical to the world made up of ‘air’. It could cause the transition to be more of a gradual kind than one that is instantly removing the player from one location to that world. This way it becomes a journey of physical and spiritual meaning wherein the stairs could function as it’s one and only bridge connecting it to the physical world.
I must admit… that this does add to the experience of the visitor, making his visit to the place more tenuous but rewarding as well.

2 Likes

Going to get it to look like a cloud first, then try to make the yellow stairs

Makes me think off a rocksong :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the bottom of the slides

1 Like

What if you made incomplete stairs on the ground with a portal at the top of the stairs, and make the portal lead to stairs that are right above the clouds.

Solved by lowering graphics quality

I need to collect yellow igneous rocks, and yellow gleam for stairs so it will take a while

I got one slide done, take a look if you want to

1 Like