In Game Universe Map

It get sometimes frustrating (and can break immersion) by wanting to know what planet links where and not be able to do so in the game.

While I appreciate the work everyone has done to release their version of the Boundless Universe map, I think it is time that IN GAME we actually have a simple map showing the planets and how they link up.

A simple map showing each region and the how the planets connect would be a HUGE QOL in my view.

7 Likes

A map would be a cool idea… I just wonder at how difficult it would be as the game grows and we have 100 or 1000 planets.

I guess it could be restricted to show the closest planets within 1-2 links of the world you are on, so as not to be overwhelming.

2 Likes

Could they make it a different button menu or usable device that pops you into a “galaxy” view from “recorded archives”. I’m sure a space faring race would have the capabilities to see planets in a 3d space or at least top down map of relativity.

I think it would make it easy to add a planet if it pops up permanently

1 Like

take in mind that planets are moving around. So its hard to justify and create a map that makes sense and has the right blinksec calculations xD

i thinkw emade an actual boundless universe before 1.0 but cant find it

For me I see it as a simple org chart type design. Something that could scale with the Universe and is text not graphic based.

1. Select Region
  2. List of planets in that region
  3. Option to select planet and it will give a drop down of all planets that connect directly to it.

On a more advanced case I could see you select a planet (it gives the region it is in and tier) and then you can select another planet to get the blink sec…

Overall I just sit there sometimes saying I need to go to Y planet and I have no idea WHERE it is in the universe… west/east, t2/t5, or what planet even helps get me there.

If we keep it in a simple text format - almost like the Knowledge base - it shouldn’t be too hard to deliver but give tons of value to everyone.