Install Test Server and Live on same PC

Is it possible to install both versions on the same pc. I tried copying the install to another folder but when i try to run it i get an error saying steam can’t authenticate.

I’m not sure about that. But changing from each version, takes about 5 minutes, with the download of the data.
It also depends on your internet connection, etc.

1 Like

not as far as i know, cuz they rely on the same folder, and when one is updating steam, it’s chaning the folders.

With other programs i can just copy the files to a new folder and run the exe. When i try with boundless i get an authentication error.

AFAIK, Boundless needs to authenticate your account via Steam - and unfortunately Steam doesn’t let you run more than one copy of a particular game. You may be able to work around it by playing with different command line arguments

Also, I doubt the game itself works very well with two copies running at once (they’ll end up trying to read/write configs and caches to the same location)

The LIVE and TEST version already exist on the same PC. There is a small download involved though when you switch between either.