Installing furniture in my home

This is further evidence of the futility of “specialty lego pieces” (prefab furniture blocks).

Anytime I hear someone ask for furniture I immediately think of things like what you’ve built here and wonder why people want prefab…
Everyone should go check this out so they can see how not bound (I wonder if theres a better word for that?) we actually are :wink:

Excellent use of material, color, shape, techniques… just all around excellent work and looks fancy af

2 Likes

I really appreciate that! When I sent my friends a few screenshot of the first room I started on, I said “Who needs furniture props?” I believe if we put our minds to it, we can make and build prettier “fancier” furniture than what a prop could give us. The table and chair that we do have in game is just blah.

1 Like

Wow! :heart_eyes: So many wonderful small details! I really love the kitchen, and the bathroom is just amazing! …it’s all so beautiful…I love that you put a hanging rail in the wardrobe!.. I keep finding new things each time I look. I can’t wait to stop by and have a visit! :hugs:

1 Like

I also feel like its doll furniture, I’m 2m tall- the chair is kid sized comparatively :laughing:

Oh and I tried to get rid of the gap on the closet, but as you have built it, it cannot be done. And adding an extra half layer changes the pyramid shape quite a bit. I’d say leave the gap in there, or if it bugs you- try half doors. Or you could try using the ornate wood up top (more holes to make gap less noticable)

2 Likes

Aww thank you! You are more than welcome to come by any time. A girl needs a rail to hang her “bra and diaper” on, to keep the wrinkles out. Lmfao!

1 Like

Oh wow, thank you so much for trying to figure the gap thing out for me. I’ve just really gotten into using chisels the past several months. I amaze myself each time I put one in my hand lol. I believe I’ll just leave it the way it is. It’s not bugging me too bad. I absolutely agree on how small the game furniture is. But I will try out your idea on a practice go around.

I also added more neat details to the walls after I made this post. I thinks it’s turning out really well.

1 Like

I think I’ve come up with a solution for the dresser. I had to take the top 2 shelves out and put iron blocks in their place, rhen chiseled. It looks pretty decent. Picture to follow in a second

3 Likes

It didn’t mess it up too bad.

1 Like

Oh I totally should have said that then, I figured you wouldn’t want to remove the storage
But looking at the final product I actually like it better with just 2 shelves- the gap being gone is all icing

The chisels make it so we can make a huge variety of shapes- it’s one of my favorite features of the game.

2 Likes

It’s all good. I appreciate your help with this. The shelves really don’t matter. May switch them out with the storage block. I’m liking chiseling more and more each day.

1 Like

Oh yeah, no problem at all! I love seeing people tinkering with things and can’t resist trying it out myself lol

Chiseling adds an additional layer of detail and symmetry, and is a ton of fun once you get past the “omg how many times do I hit how many blocks where to make that shape again” phase.

Yes exactly! This will definitely be a long learning process for me. I couldnt begin to tell you how many times that I said OMG in the past 2 1/2-3 days lmao

Fantastic job, and I love your color choices, too.

You could half slab it and change the top. Or you could use signs. Or you could make it taller. Not sure any of those are an option. It’s all I got.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Yeah I want the design to stay the same and match the bed and chairs. But those suggestions I will play around with as I still have rooms upstairs to furnish. Thank you

1 Like

Here are a few small details that I’ve changed and added. The stove I changed to look like actual burners and cooking. I’ve added a kitchen window in front of the sink, some designs on the walls and I’ve started the shower.

and I’m sitting down to relax

8 Likes

This looks amazing! Great creativity @Phyre-Fly

1 Like