Brown Town Mall and Shopping Experience! (updated and expanded)

There is but I’ve been lazy lately and used gleam Crystals.

2 Likes

Thought I’d do a li’l photospam update of all the new shops at Brown Town Small Mall :smiley:

Things have been non-stop there! Friends are being made, and it’s awesome seeing the community coming together yet again <3

Uploading: download (63).jpg… Uploading: download (62).jpg… Uploading: download (61).jpg… Uploading: download (60).jpg…

2 Likes

Sorry about the drive-by photo quality - I was in a bit of a hurry :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is at risk of becoming a mid-sized mall

4 Likes

I might need to peel back the ceiling in the tunnel to my shop to sorta have like a crumbled look to it. That way you’ll see more from the main tunnel.

1 Like

Just a li’l update on the progress of BTSM :slight_smile:

As we hit 40 shops in the mall (41 now), I decided that a bit of organising was in order. So I’ve started on the Brown Town Small Mall Shop Directory

Shop owners can grab a 2x1 portal to their shop, with a sign at the side noting their main stock.

Just thought it’d be easier for people wanting a specific thing in a specific colour (marble/concrete for example) and know where all that type of shop is. I dunno. But it seems to be going well!!

I still need to light up the floor.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE THE BEST CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!!

4 Likes

So, I’ve updated the BTSM Shop Directory slightly. By slightly, I mean it’s in a new building, and is open to ALL shops on any planet to hook up to.

Get in touch if you’d like a place there!

1 Like

This killed me the other day as I was running quickly around. I thought it is a “lava door” but it was not. I panicked and could not get out of it :))

Regards,

5 Likes

I did the Same thing thought it was a door XD

3 Likes

Haha!! Umm, not my shop :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Visit Pharao’s Kingdom Outpost for White Concrete over 90k there in Stock over a Million possible to craft Instant so you can place also Orders at my Mail Box in Shop.
Greetings Turrican2006

2 Likes

It’s my shop, but I’ve never heard of a “lava door”.

1 Like

There are four types of liquid “doors”: lava, petrolim, primordial resin and water.
It is basically a one-block wide liquid which is falling and you have to just “pass through”.
Boundless has many liquid “doors” (entrances). I guess players use them as “secret doors”.

Regards,

2 Likes

Yea there’s really is alot of doors made this way I see petro mainly used for secrets like caves and holes

2 Likes

Learn something new every day. I have plans to make the necessary changes to make it safer. :wink:

2 Likes

Well hello there, you happy bunch of forum readers! I have news on a nice little update!

Well, a nice little Brown Town update anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Introducing Brown Town Shopping Experience! Featuring portals to various shops around the mall, an open air market, and a slew of areas for 1x1 shops (or even a place to showcase your own shop that’s elsewhere!), and an area around the perimeter to hook up portals to your base, network or shop!

If you’d like to be in on this, please let me know - it still looks empty right now, but everyone who’s reserved a portal or shop space already will be able to build/connect by tomorrow :slight_smile: (I just need to find some time today to finish little bits off!)

The mall itself has over 60 shops, and is one of the most frequented areas of commerce in game right now. I am immensely proud of our shop owners and how much we’ve come together in the past 8 months to make this place a household name in Boundless <3

Hope you all have an amazing day!!

9 Likes

What are those empty sqaures

1x1 market-style shop plots :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can it be just request baskets?

1 Like

Certainly can! I can see where you’re going with this haha!

1 Like