Is Boundless haunted?

This is the second time I have found this in my base plotted area.

This is a single white metamorphic block that keeps reappearing.

I did some ill considered (given the creatures) block changing far away on another portion of my claimed area, but not where the block is. This is the second time it has appeared. I removed it the first time, (many weeks ago), and forgot about it. But then it came back :thinking: :ghost:

At the time, I thought someone may have been messing with me, leaving a message on the edge of my plot boundary, and I was seeing an unclaimed remnant. Until I realized it was inside the boundary. So other than a weird bug it would have to be dev privilege type stuff, or a hack. And, who would go to that kind of trouble, to place a block I might never notice. So quite silly. I guess it’s a weird bug.

Anyone else had something similar happen, or am I just that special?

PS: 2 hoppers killed me through my glass windows the other day so bugs definitely happen. One of them was glitched through the glass by the first one exploding.

6 Likes

If you are plotted above or below that particular spot where the block is, but you didn’t plot that piece of ground, then it is regenerating. Anytime anyone doesn’t plot the ground but does plot above or below, anything that has been dug out, harvested or destroyed in the unplotted area then everything will regen on its own.

And if your too close to the glass or walls of a build then yes the creatures can kill you. Has happened to me several times. Spitters have also spit and killed me thru a closed door

1 Like

I don’t know which planet this is on, but white rock isn’t a selectable color on sovereign planets (TMK) and isn’t on any known worlds.

1 Like

Planet is Cardass.

I think it is a placement “bleed” bug.
I don’t really understand how voxel game engines work, but I imagine the server keeps temp/live, static and base “maps” or somesuch. The placement of this block may have been a very minor hardware addressing error. Or just a minor bug caused during a server reset or migration.

I have placed white rock, in a far away portion of my plotspace to do some block changing. But that was quite far away. And this is the second time this happened. In the exact same position.

This is weird, but more of an amusing anecdote. Gremlins exist in every online game and most are never reported.

2 Likes

Ah Yes, I did not pay attention to the part where he said “white” rock. My bad lol

Build a temple around the sacred rock :laughing:

7 Likes