Is boundless Playable one handed?

Had a nasty accident at work (construction) recently. And i am only able to use my right hand for things now. Luckily, right is my dominant hand.
So I’m looking to see if anyone has a keybinding setup, mmo mouse, or really anything that allows a player to only use one hand to play.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that

Maybe check this thread

1 Like

Perfect thank you! I’ll dig through that post

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, Hopefully you will find something useful on that thread :smiley:

1 Like

hope u get well soon, n good luck…

1 Like

Ouch! I hope your hand heals quickly and isn’t a permanent damage situation. :cry:

Get better quickly! I don’t play PC, so I can’t really help you with your issues, but I did have a friend who played another game one handed for a bit… so I’m sure if there is a will there is a way. :blush:

1 Like

check my link in that thread i found a nice feet keyboard thingy

1 Like

Hi you can definitely play boundless with one hand…
With a gaming mouse you can set almost anything so you can do it with one hand, Same goes for keyboard then I would choose keys that are close together so that you have everything within range of 5 fingers that’s how I did it befor my gaming mouse it’s just for yourself to find out what’s useful for you at settings and controls you can find everything… Hopefully you’ll recover quickly and Success… If I can help, let me know. :))

2 Likes

Had a doctor’s appointment this morning, they said that all the stitches are holding perfectly, and all the skin they had to cut off my hand is beginning to heal perfectly also. Zero infection. Going back in for more x-rays on Wednesday to see if the bones are healing together properly also.

Thank you all for being a huge help!!!

7 Likes

I am interested in this topic because I suffer from carpal tunnel, and what I wish Boundless had is the ability to use Mousekeys for right/left hand action.

Mousekeys works while in Boundless menus (spam that Craft wood button with a keyboard key oh boy!) but Mousekeys wont work when I want to swing a hammer (numpad 0 for mousekeys is the hold down button, the 5 key in the numbpad is the click one button).

I’d really like the ability for Mousekeys to work for action swings, for I need to be constantly mindful of how much I use the mouse, or I wont be able to use my hand at all. Letting me use Mousekeys for swinging the hammer would allow me to play longer.

Mousekeys is part of Windows, a core accessibility option that every windows has.

Thank you devs for your consideration on these accessibility needs.

2 Likes

This is a topic of accessibility. Not for showing off gaming skills.

I was in the middle of editing when this got flagged.
then unable to edit for 10 mins
I was actively working on it when I got locked out of editing.

I’m slow.
Please be patient with me.

Options to edit right away without having to wait ten minutes after being flagged, would be wonderful as well, for those a bit slower when it comes to certain things, in the topic of needing some help with accessibility options to be able to play and interact with things regarding Boundless.

3 Likes

My Razer “Orbweaver” is fully programable for mouse and keyboard functions.

2 Likes

I play one handed a lot of the time due to multiple injuries. With a laptop it’s quite Easy to hit asdw keys and use the track pad to turn. This would be a lot more difficult if your right hand is the good one however. The track pad is usually on the left side of the laptop

1 Like

You can also use the arrow keys to turn

MMO mouse is probably your best bet though.

1 Like

@Bones @LeFleurr I did end up ordering an mmo mouse the day I started this topic, as was suggested in that topic @Soju-VB linked at the top. I didn’t spend the money buying the orbweaver quite yet. Wanted to see how well these worked for me before investing more into the world of the mmo mouse. So far, working great on a few games I tried out!!!

@GreenRoc I’m sorry to hear that!!! Yes, some accessibility options would be a great addition for this game!

@Fante I play on a huge pc I built, with xbox gamepad for this game,mouse and keyboard on others. And, (sigh) my left hand is the one that got crushed. Thats an excellent idea though! Smart thinking!

I’m going in for more x-rays today to see how everything inside is healing. Hopefully there’ll be good news! I’m a stone/cement Mason, and my hands are the most important tools I have.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this friend. Speedy recovery

1 Like

Any MMO mouse can be a solution to the issue

1 Like