Is Epsilo's Gleam exclusively under water?

While we’re at it, can you guys maybe tweak the swimming in this game? Feels more like I’m under moon gravity than swimming.

Seems like there’s tons of gleam at the bottom of the ocean, but with no swimming gear, I can only reach it from underneath, or building down to it.

Also, the springing out of water is pretty hit-and-miss. Maybe give it a second look?

1 Like

Hi-jacking for my nitpick:
Probably just me but I’m disturbed that my character is swimming like a mermaid :grin:

not exclusively, I’ve seen gleam mounds on the surface too but there does happen to be more underwater due to players drowning so easily…
A few tips for underwater harvesting:

• If you use C or whatever button you use for crouch will make you swim downward. Jump is swim upward.

• Once I get to the bottom, if I haven’t started taking damage yet I will dig a hole into a wall to create an air pocket so I can breathe.

• If you have started taking damage then eat something quick, you’ll still keep taking damage but at least you can postpone your death a little :stuck_out_tongue:

• Then of course just run back and forth mining gleam and breathing in the air pocket. I would suggest using iron or at least copper.

Hope that helps!

7 Likes

Yeah. I don’t feel you ‘swim’ as much as you ‘wade’ around. Just because I swim to one side shouldn’t mean I keep sliding in that direction. That’s what I meant when I said, “I feel like I’m not swimming – I’m just in really low gravity.”

3 Likes