Is it worth having more than 10 Advanced Coils?

It seems that over 10 advanced coils doesn’t make much of a difference. Is it worth have more than 10? If so, which recipes do you feel make it worth it to have more than 10?

Mass Craft of Decorative Rock with 10 Advanced Coils"
Time: 11 min 55s
Spark: 4,773

Mass Craft of Decorative Rock with 24 Advanced Coils:
Time: 11m 41s
Spark: 4,675

Depends on the coils you are using, Advanced coils gives 300 power where as Basic coils give only 100

A friend of mine could mass craft gem tools in like 50+ mins compared to about 3+ hours with roughly 38 Advanced Power Coils

May very well also be percentage based, chopping off much more time from longer crafts

I believe max amount of coils is 24, unless this has changed recently.

May have been something I missed, is this a hard limit or is it just limited by the way you place the coils

I believe this is a hard limit max of 7200 power to a machine.

I belive the maximum reduction in time and spark cost is 50% and it does hit dimishjng returns are you get closer. Decorative rock has no power requirement so it gets there pretty quickly. For recipes that require power you need even more power to get maxomum reductions.

Ao there is an advantage if you plan on crafting items with a high power requirement, otherwise it can be a pretty small difference.

EDIT: Maximum reduction is 46.75%

24 is the maximum nuber of coils that can connect to a machine. Additional coils aimply wont connect.

2 Likes

Ahh I see, back to the question at hand, are you using basic or advanced coils? And again these values could be percentage based, less time it takes, the least amount of time is removed

@Cakengrad got’cha thanks, I have missed this detail somewhere

Also this post should have all the answers if you’re interested in reading about it a bit:

1 Like