Is the ingame Report function actually working?

The only thing they get now from that plot is death on port in, as the ability to get alive away from that was removed by me.
Hence i assume he has GC running as the fuel was low the other day and is full flame as of Right now.
So yes i prolly have to work with it.
Still i wonder if the report function works and if they shouldnt install a email Messaging Service to at least send a automated email to acknowledge your report.

1 Like

I agree they really need this.

4 Likes

This might be quite useful. Depending on the volume of reports, a verdict mail might be more useful, but that takes a significant amount of dev hours though.

2 Likes

After reporting a few things myself both here and in game, as of this moment I find devs will only respond to actual game breaking issues, like bugs and such, as for all else, seems itā€™s free game despite the rules.

I actually was thinking along similar lines, sadly.

the report function on beacons? i guess this only works if more people report it

2 Likes

How much money have you spent on the game?

What does that have to do with me reporting in the first place?
Apparantly less then many People, especially the offending Player i reported :):thinking:

1 Like

Anyway, itā€™s clear this is again something that could easily be improved by putting a required amount of prestige for single-plot beacons. If the person then showed up to dump some gleam there, then swam away, they ought to have the beacon removed.

It is definitely working even if itā€™s not fast.

I feel your pain. Someone literally named beacon plots ā€œFallon Buy Meā€ and has yet to respond for months now, so there the plots will sitā€¦ Itā€™s not a big deal to me, but I can see why you might feel victimized. Itā€™s not against the CoC at this point and a discretionary call has to be made every time this kind of report is made (and I imagine there are quite a few of these made).

1 Like

I have invested close to 2k Hours now into my Project.
Yes it is a pain, day in day out to see that hole in my Project :slight_smile:
And at this Point, 8 weeks in, i doubt the Devteam will do anything at all.

Your beacon Problem is even worse, i am sure i would have quit the game if anything like that happens to me and the Devs dont do jack. Sorry for your circumstances.

We ask so much of the Devs, give them time! They are supposed to be developing, not necessarily moderating. I feel bad that they have to, rather than having some mods on staff or similar.

If you have 2k hours in, thatā€™s amazing! I can wait for them to take action on my case, but I imagine 1 plot on a big build is definitely a thorn. haha

Coming from Sales, i useally can understand and can defend both sides, customer and salesperson/Company.

Currently i am the customer and the Service is lacking :slight_smile:
From a Company PoV, a QA Person only Costs Money which can be spend better on more important Things then a happy customer. As Long as that customer is not greatly offended ofc ^^
I am by far not offended just disapointed, so /shrug

2 Likes

20,000 plots? Did I read that correctly?

What is your project? Planet Earth? o.o

20k plots isnt that many considering the size of a boundless planet :slight_smile:
No, not earth, just a pyramid ranging from the mantle to the highest alt.
I have around 5-6% done, but that 1 plot is a enternal thorn in my side.
So yea, pre plotting wasent and is not a possible way for me :slight_smile:

Honestly the thought of 20k plots just amazed me. I really want to see this build once itā€™s done. :smiley:

So would i! :star_struck:

But to be true, i recon the game will shut down before i finish this, but at least it keeps me occupied and i will finally break Ocean Surface tomorrow!
I actually just noticed i have done roughly 20% now, not 5-6%^^ soā€¦getting there!

2 Likes

So another week, another report.
I guess because Person i reported is in GC Nothing will ever happen.

The game is badly in need of a IN GAME community manager that makes common sense decisions to resolve disputes.

Frankly the 2-3 notoriously bad actors in the game are driving off plenty of new players between prestige wars, claiming thousands of plots of mines, plot wars ect. Heck I came across a plotted mine thatā€™s beacon name was essentially telling players to go _ themselves. Reported it, nothing done.

Itā€™s starting to feel like a Minecraft server with no admins. The handful of bad actors are driving off the general population and increasing the ratio of malicious activity to normal gameplay. They need to get this under control before it gets even more out of hand.

They need fast and swift account actioning across the board. Purposefully plot someone in? 1 month ban. Troll the community by plotting thousands of plots worth of a planet then insulting them with the beacon name? 3 month ban. Prestige takeover? We donā€™t want community members like you, 1 month ban. ect ect.

2 Likes

{ I reported him for

• Blocking my Progress on Purpose.}

ā€¦didnā€™t you block around him to halt his progress on purpose?

I built a beautiful house a ways outside of Blacklight before 1.0, while blacklight was being built. Now the city walls are two plots away and people have built EVERYWHERE around my plots. So I canā€™t push out any further. But you know what? Thatā€™s how the game goes! And my neighbors who plotted against mine, are pretty awesome!

Look at Fargo north Dakota, that town keeps pushing further and further out at an insane rate! But they also have one heck of an awesome economy to drive people/businesses to build there.
I donā€™t see an issue here besides feeling ā€œentitledā€ to the plots you didnā€™t haveā€¦

Nothing to see here move along.

1 Like