Is the ingame Report function actually working?

I don’t want to be rude but I would presume nothing happened because they didn’t do anything wrong. If you want the plots you have to get them first.

If they had blocked you or acted in a “griefing” manner you would have a case but you don’t right now. They are just playing the game and may have a good reason for whatever they are/aren’t doing with it.

Someone built a massive tower of ugly right outside my base but I don’t report it in-game or on the forum because it’s their plots and they can do whatever they want with it.

4 Likes

Great post, agree about the bad actors etc. I get the feeling they have a really small staff, though, and hiring another actual human might be rough for them (it’s one of the areas I’ve seen cut frequently when a game changes owners or just gets older).

But… the devs seem to be cool with land speculation (possibly building tools to make it easier), why would a GM even intervene in some of these cases?

(The incoming protections/guild stuff will help with this, granted, but that probably doesn’t help you when the plots have already been claimed)

I can’t speak to their intentions.

From appearances it looks like they have some neo-libertarian like ideas when it comes to community management, which is confusing for me. I’ve seen this approach to Minecraft servers and in every single community I’ve experienced it explodes.

Usually it starts out great. But you get 1 or 2 bad actors that enjoy disrupting, interfering and downright trying to ruin other members experience. A few players bring it up, and nothing is done about it. Realizing this, those players then go out and repeat the bad experience ruining even more players experience.

Those players either leave, or then adopt the bad behavior themselves. Sooner than later you are left with a community participating in bad behavior which is uninviting to new players or good intentioned players and you are left with a dying community.

I’d argue right now were are in the middle of this process. You are starting to see people join the plot wars because they basically have to. Developers aren’t stepping in, no-one cares or has the ability to do anything. Newer or less established players are quitting. So basically it seems to me like we are on the precipice of how this community will be shaped.

I like to relate it to my experience in the aftermath of a bad hurricane. You get a few bad actors who begin looting. Other otherwise normal people witness this, see them getting away with it. Sooner than later most of those commiting crime are only doing so because they see others getting away with it scott free.

When the national guard shows up, shoots a few people with rubber bullets or bloodies a few noses with batons, all of the sudden 95% of the crime is gone.

I welcome all the new Posters, allways good to have a nice discussion. For you, i rehash my original post, even you could just read it.
A 1 plot Player, on the Ground of the Ocean, with no valid resource nearbye, on top of a open Lava field, plotted 1 plot to stop my Progression.
He is currently playing FO76 and other games. For weeks.
So, thx for your Input, especially the Sterbehilfe…i honestly at this Point dont care what some of you say.
Entitelmend looks different, trust me.
No offense to the People who have a discussion in here.
This plot is there to annoy and has no greater other use. I have a frigging hole in my base where i have no other choice then to wall the offending plot in, else it is flooded on Purpose by that player

1 Like

this sounds miserable. Sorry to hear you are going through this.

I really feel they need a team to handle this part.
Also i guess a lot of mmo company they have similar set up.
So far this game is not famous enough to make trolls to create bots to involve to this game.
Once it happen, and if they don’t have a team to handle this issue, that will be a nightmare for sure.

But @FayaAOP make sure you don’t plot around that guy as well, otherwise you will become the one who against coc.
This what i remember how coc work, but i am not too sure.
It will make you become the one who try to block him to expand.

I know it feels sucks, but looks like its how current coc works.

Oh i allready plotted around the 1 plot.
As i asked for it, either remove it or ban me. Until anything happen i will just continue Building, even with a hole in my build.
Anyone with half a brain who would come and check would see who is in the Right place and who is the offender.

2 Likes

i guess if she ever comes online again, she could report ur build and the devs will do something.
Because her plot is clearly not against any rules, but ur aggressive expansion is.
i hope it doesnt come to that

Clearly you are, and your fully aware of the issue as well. Sometimes people set up a single plot for an area to warp to for whatever reason. Had someone set up a single beacon next to my shop simply to get footfall. Unfortunately until the devs get a bigger player base not a whole lot is going to happen for a good while. Meaning until each planet is capable of handling 10,000+ players, which it’s only at 80 jfyi, they really can’t afford to ban anyone from playing yet.

No need to be insulting. You’re in the wrong. They got the plot first, that’s it. I did read your post. You can think they’re blocking you all you want but if you wanted all those plots together then you should’ve claimed them.

I waited a long while to build my next workshop because I wanted some room around me. I could’ve built it sooner but then this might’ve happened. So I understood the first-claim principle and waited until I had enough plots earned to do what I wanted. All I see is bad planning and a tantrum.

2 Likes

If this is the giant underwater pyramid that is/was the capital on Bes, I scoped that build out when I was new to the game. I thought running to the capital would always be a safe way to find portals. Hard lesson to learn!

But that pyramid was massive even back then. And deeply underwater. My noobie brain broke trying to consider what the build would become. Is someone building Atlantis? Do lots of players build underwater?

If their plot is on the surface of the water or solid ground then I would give them benefit of the doubt and say they wanted to be part of the capital. If it’s underwater the only legit explanation I can think of is they wanted to do the quest where you join a settlement on a t5 and they warp augmented to the capital thinking it would be bustling like I did.

Barring those two things it’s likely griefing. I mean… when’s the last time anyone bought a single underwater plot that you have to drown to swim down to?

I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it. If you really think the player will never return then I would quietly surround the plot. It isn’t a violation unless the owner returns to report you. taps head

Maybe leave a sign so they can reach you easily if they do return and it’s just a big misunderstanding.

Also sorry you have to deal with rules lawyer types on these forums who take pleasure in rubbing it in that there’s nothing you can do. They’re technically right, but it isn’t very neighborly.

Only thing you can do is be a founder of a new town and claim 1000 plots beforehand. Doubt devs will ever do something about this for reasons posted by others.
Ive made a post a little while back about wardens giving wardens a tool to remove empty plots, but got quite some backlash about that suggestion.

So only way to prevent this is by claiming a huge area yourself somewhere else.

The reporting feature works. Additional reports do not help and only overload the developers. They have not told us their SLA in delivering a response (if any) or how the process works. So I have no idea when they would or what time line it would take.

I do know they have people trying to respond and work through the LARGE amount of reports the have. Additionally, they are heads down trying to deliver content and bug fixes, etc.

1 Like

I know it works, I have used it before to effect. The player just never gets no response… I have had beacons removed, through reports for violating the CoC.

Yes and sorry no Portals at that Point. It was simply to early.
Atlantis was build by a Guild on alnitans i believe, Looks good albeit restricted Access makes it Abit sad.
T place that beacon the Player either had to dig 1k+ blocks or die twice, so yes, i agree apparantly it is for griefing only.
Thank you for the kind words, it is ok,should have known those defenders jump into any thread to give there mustard on it.

You seem to actually know who i am Talking About? If you can contact that Person on my behalf it would be great. At this stage i would accept a ban to never return to boundless or Maybe i see a nice player removing a plot which is by all means useless.