Is there a block that softens the blow of collissions, that isn't a trampoline?

I’ve been thinking about building a little fun “slingshot” esque build that works with the usage of hookshots, but wanted to know if there’s a specific block that softens the blow of collissions.

Does anyone have an idea?

2 Likes

Sponge. Also I can fall from pretty far onto sand not taking any damage. Try that one too.

4 Likes

Believe slope chiseled blocks can negate “fall” dmg to.
But ye as @SWProzee1 said sponge.

2 Likes

Just be Gleambow Jellying 24/7 and Hookshot grapples do No Dmg

2 Likes

Sand seems to help against fall damage.

2 Likes

Thanks! Will look into all of these!

all block types seem to have certain ‘hardness’ that affects fall dmg … rock > sand > foliage > sponge > trampoline
or something like that. I tested that with @Ovis maybe he remembers more

3 Likes

Yeh there is a pretty big range for the ‘hardness’ of blocks. Sponge is the softest. Ice is also soft, foliage is soft, even gold is softer than gems (they really thought about this stuff) I might have a picture somewhere

4 Likes

When you say collisions, are you talking like walls? I thought about this in the past - sloped blocks can stop fall damage, so would a sloped wall (maybe 2 block deep sloped wall) stop horizontal collision damage?

1 Like

I was working on the idea of making a skeeball kind of mini game where you launch yourself and try to get in the holes for points. But would prefer if people don’t die by hitting all the sides of the holes, lol.

3 Likes

Sasquatchville used to have something similar in Alder. I used to love using it before their hunts :heart: Wonder if it’s still there…

3 Likes

I’ve been having issues with this on TUTORIAL, so much so that I had to put water on the slope which then negated the fall. :confounded:

Only if your collision is directly with the sloped face.

If you smack right into the edge of the block or the back of a chiseled face you still get the damage.