Is there a maximum for coils, craft time redution?

Or to better construct a question: Will i get lower crafting time for items infinitely if i get more coils?

Max coils per machine is 24, but I am not 100% sure on the threshold for lowering crafting times.

1 Like

Ye i knew about amount, but i think you can maybe, idk i was too lazy to check that out and test it

It may also depend on whats being crafted, I am sure someone has done the tests :slightly_smiling_face:

After 12 or 13 of them the decrease in everything is insignificant iirc. But someone did do a table of sorts on it. Think it was @Simoyd or @Vansten. Tho I could be wrong on who did it.

2 Likes

Try this post

2 Likes

Pretty sure after 12-16 coils it lowers the time by 1 minute then to seconds once you get close to 24ish.

1 Like

Yup that’s the one. Thanks for doing the digging.

1 Like

And maybe this chart

1 Like

Thanks a lot :smiley:

1 Like

Huh. So after 12 it doesn’t really do much then. Maybe I’ll split some of my coils up now. I have them stacked 15-16 per machine currently which is definitely a waste.

2 Likes

Just did that too hahahah

1 Like

Keep in mind the time reduction only counts extra coils after the power requirement is met. So high power recipes require more coils to get the same time reduction as lower power recipes.

3 Likes

I only use 14 coils per machine

1 Like

Maybe do one fully powered machine for things with high requirements, and the rest do 12-14 coils. Think I may do that.

I just feel compelled to use 24 coils even though there’s no benefit lol.

5 Likes

I have this mental condition too :joy:

However, if you craft something power-hungry, time and spark reduction starts after 8-10 coils, so having 24 is really nice then.

Over the period of adding coils to my machines, I did use the rule of less coils per machine (based on diminished return).
First I made sure all machines reach 8 coils; than I was adding coils up to 12 per machine and then 16 and eventually up to 24. Idea was to always have kinda evenly powered machines in a process of acquiring coils over time.