Is there a method for navigating, aka finding the "cities"

As the title says, is there a way to find the cities or one of the “top 5 settlements” on a planet without the debug screen and knowing the coordinates to go to? Likewise, is there a list of the coords for each capital on the planets?

As a new player, I feel completely lost and alone out in the world and have spent hours just aimlessly wandering trying to find the communities.

2 Likes

At the moment: No.

However: They will appear on your compass with the next patch (which is now on the testing server).

2 Likes

It would be good know what people think about the updated system on testing.

Is there a key for all the different colors/symbols somewhere?

Best workaround I’ve found so far is to return to Sanctum with a totem+warp crystal. Then you can at least see the settlements on the visible part of your planet, and get coords manually by pointing the picker at them.

IMPORTANT NOTE coords in the debug screen aren’t the same as coords from the locations menu – there’s an ordering change and a sign flip, I think. So if you get coords from someone, be sure to check which version they’re giving you.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s all very confusing. Some consistency and a map would really be nice right about now!

2 Likes

I got so lost trying to find a friend. All I really did was just get pissed at how hard it was for me to find someone.
Something simple like typing in the name of your friend and then it show up on the compass would be sweet.
But I don’t code and I know it would be a pain in the bottom to do. So for now, well they’re just lost, lol

2 Likes