Is there a way to get oortstone other then hunting or buying it

Are people still buying feathers for 5k? :open_mouth: I have some for sale at less than that!
Great idea though, I’m gonna do an hours RR hunting and see how much oort I get plus coin from the feathers :smiley:

2 Likes

If people are paying that much then yeah, what you said! :open_mouth:

I have a request basket that I set anywhere between 4 and 4.5k and they trickle in to me faster than I can ever use them. In saying that though, I do barely ever use them, it’s just nice to have them available for the odd time that I do :smiley:

What I am struggling to get filled lately is my hopper core basket, that must be a sign of a distinct lack of hunting going on.

2 Likes

I have about 30 cores left too, if you’re buying I’ll drop em off at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I will definitely buy them thankyou. I’ve had to actually venture out of my hidey hole and go shopping for them lately, and it takes an awful lot for me to venture out in to the public.

I have a request basket up for over 500 if I’m not there when you pop by, I could be out hiding in off world holes either mining for more umbris or grappling for goo.

2 Likes

Grappling for goo… Lol, I love grappling for goo!

2 Likes

I have to admit it is great fun, and addictive too! Just 1 more stack I keep telling myself… several hours and several stacks later however… lol

1 Like

T3 has good amount roadies. Easy to kill and i would say drop chance is almost 50% to get dat oort.
Guess its luck based too.

1 Like

Yeah it’s not problem at all. Oort is much more common than feathers and with the stealth epic level 3 roadrunners hardly notice you.

You should be able to pick up ten days worth of portal fuel (18 oort/mass extract) in under an hour at least. On tier 3 i mean.

3 Likes

Maybe the meteor should be comprised of some sort of condensed oort instead of just warp stones, but it turns to warp stones if its dormant to balance it out. Which would give more incentive to hunt meteors.

Yes, I don’t hunt meteors at all (well, apart from gleambows recently!), and i maintain a small portal purely from road runners and dormant meteors when mapping exos!

When I’m out gathering other things, sometimes if I don’t want to do the whole meteors I just get the meteor life buff and run away so it’s dormant and then come back and get my little reward and carry on my journey.

1 Like

A 30 min hunt will net you around the 60+ mark; more than enough to get the shards you need, then sell the rest for a profit! :slight_smile:

Also, @wakeNbake, I had a noesy around your base the other day, and saw your wall of oort stones/shards!
Are they all 900 stacks?

Haha… they might be, yes, lol. There’s a full extractor too that I take from whenever I refuel and when I start digging into the wall I start worrying. I plan to never again run low on Oort!

It was all just shards up until the excessive amounts of gleambow hunting I did added 3 stacks of rough though, I actually thought I didn’t have all that much as it wouldn’t take me long to chew through all of what’s there.

You can get oort from roadrunners too. I get a lot of my oort that way, I also get it from dormant meteors.

I get most of my oort from dormants and roadrunners while farming sweetbeans. Usually have 20-30 oort after an hour or so.

Lamblis is a rocking place for meteor hunts! Used to be my go to before I got lazy. I could regularly get 2 and 3 meteor chains there for some reason.