Is there a way to use The Atlas to Find Gleam Blocks like Metals?

Hi all. I’m fairly new to the game, and I find the Atlases very very useful to find metals and other things, but I can’t understand by the love of me… why the hell can’t we use the Atlas to Find Gleam Blocks?.. or am I doing something wrong??.

.:AvaeL:.

I believe it’s because it is a block and not a resource like copper or beans so doesn’t actually fit into the atlas

Ok, I see your point, but still… Still, You have to mine it from the same place you mine ores… so I’m pretty sure it would be a REALLY useful thing to have.

Also, people who play from PS4 (Like my self) don’t have the lvl of knowledge to get it when you just get into the game, and still you have to walk trough all those fancy castles and houses along the way, only to learn that Gleam is NOWHERE to find on your begginner lvl…

I literally had to look trough the website and youtube just to learn that in my Planet Beckon there is no Gleam… >_>

I just think that it’s one of the unfair things in the game between PC players vs PS4 players… and If we could use the Atlas like that we could at least have a better way to make our rocks and stick houses look better, don’t you think?.. O_o

1 Like

I remember this question being asked before and the response was that it would be too computationally intensive to search for more than just resources: Atlas Help

Look in lakes and other large bodies of water

The general guidelines are that you won’t find gleam on worlds you can spawn in (lvl 1-2). Most all higher level worlds will have gleam all over the place, you just have to look around. For example, biitula has gleam in the water, in an area with purple protrutions, as well as in those pink craters. It really depends on the area…

Great reason to explore, and get some levels killing all those spitters, cuttles and bombs…just invest a couple points into armour, or speed to run the hell outta there…or grab a buddy! You only have to out run him!

Very much so, thought a lvl 3 world I was on had no gleam, til I accidentally came across it it a large body of water so far down see to drown you by the time you get to it in water. Had to dig it out from land.

i would not say it is unfair, as it is just easier for a pc player to quickly look online for the information they need.
I am sure a ps4 player could use the browser to search these things up too. Many of the players also use the Boundless Official Discord to trade information. The established community is good about helping new players with any questions they have regarding the game.

the resource locations and altitudes as far as i am aware and gleam locations are not disclosed to players, pc or ps4, they had to be discovered by the community and the online resources like Boundless Crafting were created by players to propagate that information.

Gleam always regenerates in the same place, every time. Resources, such as plants, boulders, coal/metal/gem/tech ore will not regenerate in the same way every time, there is an algorithm that randomizes it within it’s given spawn area.

Now this the kind of Answer I was looking for. Thank you, things are a lot clearer now (as if I had Gleam on my hands). :wink:

1 Like