[Resolved] Issue with buying through Steam

Hi, I paid for the $35 package through my Steam account but for some reason the game will not launch. I went through all of the Steam support suggestions but nothing has worked. I have requested a refund from Steam but if there is a way for you to get it working I would be very grateful.
I will be happy to provide any information you need in direct message.
Thank you

Disregard. Refund has gone through. I will just buy it directly form you.
Thank you

3 Likes

I think it takes a bit for steam to register with Wonderstruck.

So I bought the game directly through playboundless.com but it still makes me run through Steam. The same issue is persisting. The game will not launch. I have restarted and turned off anti-virus and checked that all the files were loaded…
At this point it seems like too much of a hassle. Where can I request a refund?

If you want to know why the game isn’t starting:

If you want a refund:

I followed the given directions to the T for requesting a refund. It has been over a week and I have not had 1 response from Turbulenz. I emailed you again to remind you that I have not had any response, still nothing. I have now disputed the claim through PayPal. If need be, I will go through the credit card issuer and file a fraud claim.

This is simple. I paid for a product. The product isn’t working. I would like a refund. You are choosing not to provide the refund. That is called fraud.

We have issued a refund.

1 Like

This seems like a regretful purchase :blush:

You can be honest! It says there they will refund for any reason within 14 days.

This is an early access development version, so the fact that you can’t run the game would have been helpful for the Devs to diagnose and fix. They are very willing and able, fixes can happen very quickly (in terms of physically launching the game).

If you come back and have the same issue, post on the forums and the Devs will be on your case looking at your logs and stuff very quickly.

Edit: also I can personally vouch there’s nothing fraudulent going on here :wink:

5 Likes

Can you send a log when the game won’t even launch? It doesn’t change screens, it doesn’t freeze up, it just does nothing. He bought the game on my recommendation, and couldn’t even get past clicking the launch icon. He is being “honest” Wichall.

Also I seem to remember you recently quitting the game because of a temporary warp cost bug, and everyone had to remind you that it was pre beta etc…

For the record I’m enjoying the game, and will probably try and convince him to try it again. probably when they invite trail blazers this issue will come up again and get fixed.

I guess it depends if boundless initialises enough to log something, if it does absolutely nothing when you hit “Play” then it might be an issue with steam being granted access to the boundless files/folders.

Harder to diagnose but you have to start somewhere, I only said that because I didn’t see @ScrappyCoco post anything to ask for support before asking for a refund. His original message seems to lean towards wanting a refund before trying to get it running. Then James posted how to find the log files but didn’t receive a response as to whether there was a log there or not, he was met with a paypal dispute instead.

And for the record, I quit, I didn’t ask for a refund. I didn’t threaten to quit either, I posted it in the form of feedback and I even stated that I would be back. As soon as they released the warp update I was back online playing again.

I apologise if your friend felt insulted and I’m sorry the two of you can’t play together, it’s frustrating.

Forum posts have a big problem with misinterpretation, so it is always good to not read to much in to this. :slight_smile:

We’re friendly developers and we want people to play the game and it annoys us when people can’t. We will do whatever we can to help players having issues and we need the information from our players so we can fix the issues they have.

2 Likes

Thank you for the refund. I was just getting annoyed by the lack of response.
Like Cstpn00 said, the game did nothing. I hit play it showed the “preparing for first time start” then nothing.
I understand that it is still in Alpha. I just don’t have the time to mess with logging bugs and whatnot.
I will try the game again once it launches officially.

With all due respect, if you “don’t have time to mess with logging bugs” while saying that you understand it’s Alpha, then I am sorry to inform you that you don’t seem to know what Alpha is about. You are here more to test than to have fun playing till the game comes out.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

What’s the point of your comment? Feel pretty important now? With all due respect, this game is for sale to anyone. It’s not a private beta with limited access. It’s fair to assume that for the price the game should at least launch. The devs have the work to do, not the customers.

Quit being so defensive of the game, you have nothing to do with it. Your not that special.

This situation is resolved, nobody is contributing anything meaningful anymore. Closing this topic, we are finished here.

@ScrappyCoco we hope to see you again at 1.0.

5 Likes