Issue with merging beacons

Hi, we have guild members who are trying to merge their builds with the main guild beacon, and can’t. There’s an ‘error’ message on their beacon stating that ‘this beacon bridges two or more separate Settlements and cannot merge’.

the beacon in question touches the main guild beacon, and no others; and this happened when the guild members’ beacon was below 10K, so we tried boosting it over 10K, and the problem persists.

Seems like a bug? but not sure, is there some info about how the merge system works that we are missing?

thx,

xCurryBear & TimTomato
ShadowDragons

This likely means that the beacon that is “bridging” contains a section that the system considers not dense enough, ie is too small, or looks like a road, etc.

1 Like

ahh, ok, well, that makes sense, the guildmate built a bridge literally because the area is riddled with canals, in order to meet up his beacon with the main guild one. So, if they ‘build up’ those plots more, it sounds like, it should eventually merge?

Correct.

The system is balanced to not merge settlements only connected by “roads”.

3 Likes

How do you convince the system that what it thinks is a road is actually supposed to be part of the settlement? We have an issue where most of a large plaza type beacon is considered part of the settlement, but a small branching section is not included, so the whole beacon has been taken out of the settlement prestige.

I would like to know this as well - trying to merge up with a friend of mine across a canal, and im getting this as well.

basically the situation was implemented so that you could not force someone to join a settlement if they did not want to (in a round-about way) but yes there needs to be some kind of balance or even an option you are close to another beacon, would oyu like to merge?

2 Likes

I guess I have to make a very prestige dense bridge for this to work then >_<?

1 Like

until the devs rebalance it/add the option… unfortunately yes

Plot the area under the bridge and fill it with refined blocks :wink:

Is refined wood/stone good enough xD?

Decorated is best but refined wood and stone chiseled gives a ton

With planets like beckon the developers do need to look at their solution. With all the canals, bridges are needed to connect areas. So now we have to waste plots by spanning the water with enough plots to cross the river but also 3 wide in order for the system to not think it is a road.

1 Like

Yeah its the same with Grovidias - All them spirals turning it into canals, make for a lot of bridges needed too.

Thanks @wolfpack2012 - I’ll try it out, hope it’ll work heh.

Currently laying some bricks and refined stone on the other side of the bridge to act as a road - I own all the plots all the way over to the other side as well, just don’t hope I have to use a ton of them… lol

So I’m having this “This Beacon bridges two or more separate Settlements and cannot merge.” again… Really really frustrating.

I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is either.

Got a house on the other side of the road within the green plot area and that beacon consists of only 15 plots.
Where as the other has about 200 plots for it, but got over 12K prestige :confused: ?

They put that system in place to circumvent some players who like to absorb other player’s builds into their settlements to increase their prestige score, during EA pre 1.0. If I remember correctly, in order to join up you need a “fatter” plot/s after every 2 or so of a single plot line to help the system think that you are not one of those aforementioned naughty players. There was talk of putting a prestige score sensor in place for the joining plot to detect if you are one of those naughty players as well, but I am not sure if it was implemented.

I mean its 3 wide, does it also need to be 3 in depth then ?
I mean, it is already over 3 wide and over 3 in depth as well - ugh… I dont get this… I even tried to disconnect the two beacons so they weren’t touching, but my other beacon still gave me that error.

When you connect up, it will take a couple of minutes or so for the system to react if it works. Its not instantaneous. But, this info I am sharing maybe few months out of date because it was that way before I went on a hiatus.

In short, they made it so that its more plot expensive to connect up than just one singly lonely line of road. They might have also placed the prestige score sensor for the connecting plot in, I am not sure though.

I mean, the entire beacon has got … well less than 10K prestige, but I think its got like 5K in total, lots of brick in there, and even a house in it, not big, smallish, but yeah.

I once had to remove 400 plots from a beacon that had issues before it would actually recognise it as a settlement - and thats the weird part.

The beacon that is throwing the error has got 12-13K prestige, but it gives me that error and won’t turn into a settlement either :frowning:

If you got time you could maybe come take a look, maybe you’d see something that I don’t ?