Issue with merging beacons

try adding some plots near the connecting beacon in the horizontal plane… either at or before the connected plot. Then wait a couple of minutes to see if the system takes it.

I just tried removing one the beacons completely, so there’s only a single beacon now with 12K prestige - still giving me the error and won’t turn into a settlement :s

I apparently had to remove a ton of plots again :S - this is really frustrating when it comes to trying to reserve some space for the future D:

did you manage to resolve your problems?

I did yes - I had to remove a ton of plots with the beacon which had the error on it, it seems like if you reserve too many plots it won’t actually register as a settlement even if you have enough prestige :s

Filling the plots is not necessary.
The system does not take prestige into account at all.
I have an row of empty plots below my bridge and it is enough to merge both sides of the river.

I had a situation once where a road was not part of the settlement because it was “bridging” the settlement and an area of emtpy plots with 0 prestige but enought density to be it’s only settlement, if only it had any prestige. Absurd.
Took me some time to figure out what was wrong, because the message said the beacon is bridging two settlements, but i was the only settlement within viewing distance.

I can concur. On Beservona i started to build a road from my home to the Portals Seekers Hub. And all it took, is a 2 rows of empty plots beside the road (maybe one row would be enough, I don’t know) to do a hostile takeover of that small outpost beside the PS hub :wink:

1 Like

eh… You DON’T WANT TO P*** PS OFF by doing a hostile takeover of their settlement.

Actually on Beservona there is only 2 portal, and a simple bridge from rocks. Some guy “build” a big pile of refined blocks next to it. I Just connected my home to this mess so it has now my hamlet name :wink: I gave PS my plot when they were building Lamblis Market portal hub, even though was very not nicely cut off from world with a very high wall. If I was to pi𝗌𝗌 them off… i’d just keep this plot infinitely :wink:

Hi I was doing roads and fell into this situation, now the system dont allow me to remove plots as they’ll be not connected to something and I can’t find out the wrong plot that I need to remove first… :frowning: this is really frustrating can’t devs change color of “endpoints” so we konw what has to be removed before?