Items Return to Sanctum vs Gone

Hello all!

I have been watching the forum and keeping an eye on updates. However, I decided I wanted to wait for 1.0 to come out (and the wipe to happen) before I jumped back in! While I haven’t been playing, I have been keeping up to date on the changes and am excited for its 1.0 release.

As a returning player, my beacon was gone and all my items in my base were gone. I had a few hammers and stuff on me, but my gems/gleem/special hammers/tools were gone along with my build.

When I logged in, I almost logged out and stopped playing.

I wanted to make the suggestion: When a beacon runs out, move the items/stuff to that persons sanctum.

I realize for players who play a lot, or are even playing casually, no matter the amount of time their beacons will not wear out. AND IF THEY DO, I am sure they will be fine with the items being gone.

However, think of it from a returning player who quit because of school, life, work and wants to return now that those factors have changed. Their build may be gone, but their stuff is still there to be used! They can rebuild!

I think it will have a positive impact on the experience of returning players and their likeliness to return. For some players it will be an exciting opportunity to build on a different starting world or in a new location.

I have a bit of data on this, though it is subjective. For the last 3 years, I have played on an MC server that has been around for 6 years and doesn’t reset its map. If you claim something, it stays claimed and you can come back anytime.

Over the past 3 years I have been playing, I have watched people take year breaks, then come back and play for months/years happy to be back and that their base/items are still intact. It has allowed the server to have a steady amount of people.

Usually a new person will join. Time will pass they may leave, but we always have older people that left returning keeping the population fresh and exciting.

Just some thoughts! Still excited for 1.0!

5 Likes

However, an immediate exploit is: infinite* storage, set up a load of 1hr beacons full of stuff you want to store, let them expire

4 Likes

While it sounds convenient, I think making everything disappear is an incentive for people to get back in the game for 5 mins every now and then, which is totally doable in any situation, no matter if you go to school or work.

There’s no real excuse to not being able to play 10 mins to get some leaves and fuel your beacon for another 20 weeks in my opinion, unless you’re really lazy to login haha

Might sound a bit harsh, but all those mechanics are meant to make you still want to come back once in a while, even if it’s for a short period of time. I love Boundless because it tries to mimic reality as much as possible. If you left your house locked with a lot of valuables in it, and you’d come back 5 years later, do you think you’d still find it untouched? Same in Boundless :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello!

First, thank you for responding. As a developer in the game, it is awesome to hear your response. I have been continually impressed in how your team maintains contact with the community and actively listen to feedback/concerns. So thanks for that!

Also, I realize my opinion is just that. As such, I don’t know a solution that would ensure it could not be exploited. (is storage an exploit?)

I know for folks that play frequently, it would seem inconceivable to not be able to log in. That is probably true if Boundless is a priority or concern for that person…but I don’t think it will be for all players. Also, the most active members on this board are folks who are likely to place heavy focus on the game…but that will not be all players.

My suggestion is based on my experience. As a game that is always up, it seemed to me that ‘cost’ of returning would be lower then loosing all items starting again…as that would seem to be a deterrent.

However, this is just my opinion! Wanted to cast it out to see if would be helpful. I want the population of Boundless to be engaged and active!~ Let’s sell a billion of the game :smiley: hehe

<3

1 Like

I like the idea of being able to have like 8 spaces I can store stuff in the sanctum perm., but also think I should have to earn it some how.

2 Likes

i agree with what cosmin said
epcept all crabfisherman friend me and i help ya fuel it :smile:

email notification off low beacon fuel could be an solution but ya still have to login for a couple off minutes

3 Likes

A really great idea!!! Devs any feedback on this one?

2 Likes

Actually, I would like to amend this suggestion.

I apologize…so much power is held in Coins/Skills which I had kept. I was able to buy a few hammers, and already have many resources farmed back up.

Silly me :slight_smile: forgot about how important the market/skills are ! hehe

4 Likes

It could be limited to beacons that passed a certain minimum (1 month?), and/or limited to accounts that were inactive for that length of time.

2 Likes

there is gonna be a wipe? of our levels too?

Yeah, when 1.0 releases

when game releases oficial game they gonna tell us six months before they do and reset worlds also old worlds will be stored offline and not wiped(what happens after that with old worlds i dont know)
also level 0 for all lol
but if ya play now you know the drill :slight_smile:

so everyone jumps into the same place mine stone and get hunting :wink:

2 Likes