It's actually crazy how much the game changed since 2017

I was watching old Boundless videos (this One in particular) just for the sake of remembering what it used to be before we had the current content rich version… Lemme say that it’s actually insane how much it changed since 2017, remember this old menu ?

Remember how “bland” it used used to look ?

the game as come such a long way it’s insane

7 Likes

Maaan, then compare it to two years prior to that! I made a video when the very first playable version of Boundless (as Oort Online) was released (I since then improved at making videos, haha…)

This team has done some amazing stuff, and I can’t wait to see the state of the game two years from now.

8 Likes

Haha. Best voxels 2014

1 Like

urggg… my eyes… arggggggg. my eyessssssssss

1 Like

I think i may be in a minority, judging from the threads criticizing the games progression lately, but ive been impressed by what a small studio have managed to do with a modern interpretation of a voxel game for quite a while now.

I am excited to see where this game is going to be at a year from now. Its been quite the journey already.

12 Likes

sandbox games still has the old oort online tech demo from way back in 2014

2 Likes

It’s been a long journey for sure.

I actually had a down the memory lane moment yesterday as I was going through post your screenshots starting from the beginning. And even though it starts late 2016, not 2014, it’s still quite a show.

3 Likes

I think i like many thing in older version.
Like hammer… lighting etc.

Cannot go back but still nice thing to remember.
I didnt play the game until the Early Access… game was alrdy in the graphic state that it is now… i think :roll_eyes: .
But i would still play the game with those older graphics… looks pretty neat

3 Likes

Im waiting oort waves making nostalgic rambling video about boundless.

2 Likes

To be true - I recorded my builds just before it was all wiped, thinking about making a nostalgic video.

Didn’t get to the point of actually making it yet, but who knows, one day I might.

3 Likes

I have not yet given up hope … that we can visit our old :boundless: planets again
… Who knows maybe ever.
Soon :tm:

2 Likes

I remember watching this particular video when I started back then :joy:

Did you just insult my waifu Therka?

But yeah, it used to snow in the desert, hehe.

3 Likes

Back when we still own beautifull sexy Oortian model… not blocky bricky like now.

I got the game in April of last year and I think it is amazing on how much it has just changed in the last year. I think the devs are doing an excellent job with the game.

4 Likes

Would be nice if they updated some of the weather affects, some of them look pretty old.