2 Likes

Nooooo

They are there! =)

1 Like

can confirm. i found 8 total

1 Like

you’re so lucky guys :o

1 Like

Found 13, will resume the search later tonight!

i’ve been searching for over 12 hours ;___;

You need to figure out the secret formula of the gems.

As much as i can tell:

Rubys for example are best found in cave underneath icy mountains and lakes not very deep under the surface but going deeper too. You usally find a lot of rubies close to each other but you have to look for a while to find some at all.

Amethyst are crazy. You can find them at mountainsides in lavelakes. Or in caves underneath lavalakes or lavarivers. But the craziest spot are the igneaous rock platforms you sometimes find them right up at the surface. If you imagine this igneous rock to be cold magma than the lava topic is really important its always close to the lava.

Diamonds see to be not found very deep at all (only very rarelly). Most of them seem to be inside tall mountains at lvl 100 (-20 to +20). If you happen to find hard coal than there is definietly diamonds close to them. Oh and a little side not the plateau i found at andoweem is actually filled with everything (diamonds, hard coal, titanium, gold, silver)

So yeah if you really wanna go crazy: if you find some emeralds try to make notes of the suroundings. Whats typical? Whats special and most especially whats similar in all cases you found emeralds.

2 Likes

Everything changed. Spawn formula is now different i think

1 Like

Is that still current since the resource distribution yesterday?

As far as I can tell, and I’ve been mining Vulpto, Epsilo and Alturnik pretty hard, gems just became the rarest things in the game.

2 Likes

I have one spot for rubies where they are very common and i think rubies are more common now, but i mostly like emeralds and want to find them
try to find a cave at alturnik haha
try to find emeralds in that cave XD

well james didn’T answer me when i asked for more information . But i doubt that the general idea of how to find them is totally different now. In fact id rather asssume that its just better executed. Probaly less random findings, or more who knows. Id also assume that there probaly is more diversity in the gems locations.

Thats just what i think is something that would actually be an improvement. Just changing the rules and making it more random is more a step back don’t you think?

1 Like

My ruby mine on Vulpto now seems barren, although I only searched for a short time yesterday. Will search more tonight/this weekend.

2 Likes

Yeah this could be a change too. Maybe its not so easy anymore to just visit the same spot over and over again.

On the bright side, it seems Gold & Titanium are much easier to find. I find loads in caves near lava and higher.

if it helps Karo, i spent 4 hours on Alturnik, only came away with that 8 emerald, 3 hard coal, and 8 soft coal, but a bunch of rock and like 20 fossils. it was not a good day for mining, and that was BEFORE the update