James or Leah or anyone please help prevent a major city from disappearing

Ratchel needs help. He owns The Dome on Gyosha.

4 Likes

WE Need Help @james and @Leahlemoncakes

2 Likes

please prevent the dome on gyosha from disappearing
if you make it disappear, Imma quit and not come back until next year

2 Likes

unnamed

3 Likes

Bah. Decay is inevitable. In the end, we are all dust.

3 Likes

laughs in an art subreddit’s contest being about decay

2 Likes

DK-chan buy GC then ask james-chan or Leah-chan to add it to his beacon is the way to do it @DKPuncherello

Careful with that, need to ask first and see if they’ll do it, I sent in $120 for DK’s mall to keep the beacons running for a few years (since I was able to do that in the past with somebody else) and it got ignored - though I did take the high road in fairness and let them know, when DK sent them a message about it, I let them know it that it was ok and they could keep it as a donation if they didn’t want to do that, that I’d just send him more money personally instead, which I did. That one is totally on me since I didn’t ask first and I don’t mind the money, but I don’t want to see anybody else make the same error.

3 Likes

Context:

1 Like

To be clear, I have no problem buying GC. I’m just probably not buying it because of this situation (unless it is fixed or atleast I receive a response on why I had not heard back from my messages going back to August). We shall see what happens.

I ask that no one buy me GC.

4 Likes

Rachel wrote them…
Rachel did a supp post…
Majorvex linked them all…

No reaction…

Sale on steam,
No one cares about the forum…

What a great advertising for all that new players…

It’s a shame to look at it, cause it’s hurt a bit…

Im so sorry, hope you get help soon @Ratchel

6 Likes

As a proponent of saving awesome builds for the sake of Boundless history and just keeping some great builds around I hate to see anything go to ash.

I hope it gets fixed or whatever is needed in an effort to keep the dome around, but if it doesn’t it’s much the norm for Boundless devs lately. I too have had numerous messages with James in the past, but haven’t had a reply from him in many months. This includes transferring a shop or two to me from the owners in an effort to keep a few great shops around, sadly they went unanswered.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one. Please let the dome stay for the sake of boundless history

Mind you James and his company have nothing to do with the Steam sale that is solely on Square Enix.

That doesn’t change anything…

1 Like

@Marcello666

I agree, but your comment could be misconstrued to imply that James and the team put the game on sale and do not care about the forums.

Square Enix handles the sales on Steam and while I do feel like James and the team don’t care too much about the game or the forums, I can state that I know SE cares.

I have also seen and spoken to a few new people recently. Apparently 3-4 new players were on Tana while I was working on the new Hub.

3 Likes

I’ve been asking for assistance on this issue on the Leader forum since Nov & been linking to the support requests here. Especially since it is affecting more than one user & others have needed assistance with this before. I assume they’re aware of the issue(s). I’m not sure why there has been no resolution or response. Maybe it’s planet/server related like the guild issue? As a last ditch effort, I asked if they could at least let people know which beacon (coords/user) is causing the hang up so we can try to do something about it.

Getting GC would keep things from going to ash, but it doesn’t solve the issue of a user not knowing which beacon is preventing them from opening reclaims. If a line could be added to the top of the beacon UI showing the coords/planet of the current/active beacon reclaim, I think that would help people a lot.

My only suggestions right now are:

1. Use gleam club until the issue is resolved.
  2. It’s tedious, but go through each character & each beacon one by one - even if you’re sure you’ve checked the right ones…do it again. All of them. One by one.
  3. Place a new beacon. Wait 24 hours. Try to access reclaims.
  4. Make a new master beacon. Wait 24 hours. Try to access reclaims.
  5. Place a beacon on a Sovereign. Wait 24 hours. Try to access reclaims.
7 Likes

Bah, the ruling class just wants us to keep being their currency and blood supply, that’s why they invented religion.

2 Likes

okie what propaganda have you been listening to.

edit: oh no an awfully long respond time, I think i’m going to see a wall of text

another edit: phew no text wall

3 Likes

I can attest to this, I saw them too, one of them even had the volition to use my rickety stairs to climb all the way up from the ground to DKMall! Yesterday I was finishing up my Beckon atlas and saw more than a half dozen people whose names I didnt recognise for hours, in small clusters in various locations around Beckon.

5 Likes