Joining worlds in the new wb

so i been looking around i cant find how to do it in the new one i try but i can never join i just get errors eny help

i get this

I kept getting this error then i noticed the world had no finished building before I was trying to connect. There is a small loading bar on the left that tells you how much of the world is built.

it gets 4/4 100% still cant join even when bar is gone i cant join

I also noticed that it seems to work better if you connect your biome to a world and generate the world. That worked for me, generating just the biome did not work for me either.

what do you mean? my biomes are connected to the world already

hmmm weird. I can join some biomes, but not all. AncientCity will not load, but BallField will. Both render via the chunk view, but only one allows me to enter via the client. I wish I could see some better error logs from WB.

Are you pressing ‘join client’ in the wb server panel? (Each prefab node has one too) it’s above the progress bar on generstion

I do not have a Boundless client running so that option does not seem to work for me. Launch client works for me sometimes.

i spam clicked it cas it never worked

I feel you. Have been playing with world builder last week trying out different biomes reading advice and all but never got beyond that error. :disappointed:

Can you show a screenshot of the nodes you’re using?

Sure but when i join the world it works fine it is when i join biomes stuff happends il add a screenshot to this post shortly

Ah, so you want to view a biome rather than a world using the client. The original title of the topic listed worlds.

well i might have used the wrong words but yeah the biome itself to see if it is good do you still need the picture?

Sure, a picture would be useful so that we can have a look.

this is just one of the biomes i cant join any of the biomes

After opening the biome preview window - make sure you hit the “join client” on that one as well

Or, what exactly happens when you try to open it in the game client? (Screenshots of the error would be helpful)

the screenshot is in my first post the top and i click join client like 10 million times

seemed the problem was to do with visualisations that created servers having things like spaces in the names creating invalid urls for the game to use for requesting data…

it’s fixed locally, but for now you can rename the nodes that you’re visualising to not have spaces in them and it should work fine. Eg your biome is called ‘maze mount…’ get rid of the space and it should be fine (use a - or a _)

1 Like