Jungle Skytower

I thought I’d share some pictures of a tower I’m working on. It’s the miniature version of the one I hope to start at 1.0. I’m mostly trying out ideas for shaping the outside, windows, and using lighting effects. I haven’t gathered each type of gleam yet, but I don’t like gaudy, messy builds anyway so I feel like it’s fairly streamlined right now anyway. I like the location because it’s where Glacial, Jungle, Swamp, and Desert meet. It’s also build atop an already above average height hill.

A view from across the swamp. The draw distance is at max, but the top still looks larger than it actually is from this distance.

This is from on top of the hill, at the base of the tower. You’ll notice the open-air windows. I don’t like the ugly glass they have, so until they come up with some that’s 1)more attractive and 2)can fit slanted blocks, I’m sticking with the open air windows.

This is a view from the second floor up. You can’t really see it, but the top four floors are made out of gleam.

This is from on top of the tower. It’s difficult to make out the hill the base sits on, but it’s there.

I’d encourage you to search out the tower and look at the shapes of windows and corners, etc. Tell me what you think is good and what you’d change. I want to refine the details before I start building on a massive scale at 1.0. Also, don’t judge the inside yet. I want to finish the top of the tower before I start messing with the inside. I’d also like to play around with easier/quicker ways of moving from one floor to the next. I think I’ll work with slides for going down.

My tower’s location is southeast of the township on Berlyn. Once you hit the swamp, you’ll be able to see it through the trees.

12 Likes

Looks awesome! How long did it take you?

It’s taken me about 20 hours, but that’s including mining all of the gleam. It would have taken much longer but I already had all of the ice and glacier from a previous build.

1 Like

@james Is there an established ceiling, and if there is can somebody tell me how high it is? I’ve read +256 is the max, and if it is I want to go that high.

You can’t currently build beyond 255 or 256.

1 Like

Looks gr8! I will swing by and check it out next time I am out that way.

Thank you so much for verifying!