Just for fun: Halloween Town Build Event

Ha, the growth “splatters” are genius

3 Likes

I just saw this when I logged in this morning. Oh how ghoulishly grand! This is what we are looking for here! Come on and add to Halloween Town friends, this is getting FUN.

2 Likes

I reworked the jack o lantern’s mouth so that it looks better. I am saving up materials to get started in the next week or two.

Also, I have not seen the participation I expected, so, I am increasing the prize pool.

First Prize Build: 5 Advanced Ruby Coils
Second Prize Build: 15,000 coin

The winning builds need to have gleam club or allow a person with gleam club to plot them. Thank you.

2 Likes

hohoo! raising the bar?

Then so I am!
if we get more blood donors, zombies, posseded souls, living creatures
I promise to throw some extra giant bones in my soup!

Hey you, reading this post…it’s time to go out of your grave and show us your moonwalk dance!

Or maybe you are too afraid of my vodoo power…and rather mine gravels all day like a dirty goblin?
Don’t worry, I will send you a postcard from the surface : Me and my new Ruby coils compacting coal like a boss!

Cya loosers!

2 Likes

Would you ever be up for Jack Skellington project? Think we could try and get a group together for that? It’s pretty simple with neutral colors. Black and white stone. Even with the curvy hill in the movie picture.

1 Like

What program do you use to make that?

1 Like

Might do a chained skeleton coming out of the ground :thinking:

1 Like

Magic voxel. A staple for boundless projects. Just google it and get official download, its small and free but very powerful. Plenty of YouTube tutorials.

Yes my original thought was a strict nightmare before Christmas theme but ultimately I decided not to narrow the focus too much. But I really really hope we see some homage to that great work of art. I would be willing to draft something up but I would want help gathering and building for it.

1 Like

If anyone is inspired and want to make a draft with magic voxel, I can help for the building.
The max size is around 5x5 (like Creegle’s pumpkin wich is already huge for the aera).

I can use my plots if you can’t enter this deadly place…which sometimes is invaded by very angry spitters :laughing:
(Please note the build will not be elligible for the prize pool, me not a gleam club member).

1 Like

Im all for it man! Just draft a design and I’ll try to farm the material!

1 Like

OOOOO I Love Halloween!! I need to get blast protection though :frowning: Awesome Idea @Creegle!! :skull::ghost::smiling_imp::japanese_goblin::jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

should it not have a candle --> beacon lolz
looking goodz creegman

1 Like

awesome idea i love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its comin along great! Keep having to change build ideas in MV. Ill be there asap.

1 Like

That’s brilliant!

Hey Cree, did you ever draft up a design for the Jack Skellington project? I’m not very experienced with MagicaVoxel.

1 Like

Oh boi, so many ideas…hard to choose which to go for :confused: @Trizer how did you get slopes in magicavoxel?? awesome build btw!

2 Likes

I used Cinema 4d with a set of costum blocks (we have many 3d software at work).
Chisels can be achieved with any free 3d software like Blender, Hexagon, FreeCad. Then you simply use polygon snaping to build any shape.

You can use scripts to auto-build a blocky/cubed version of any 3d model too.
But it doesn’t work for small build. A Script need a large amount of blocks to draw accurate shapes.

2 Likes

I am working on that as we speak :wink: