Just Got A new PC!

Just today, my time zone, I got a new PC, well all the parts to make my own, wish me luck when it comes to making it.

Also, does any one know of any good guides or YouTube videos that can help.

3 Likes

Gratz on that–I couldn’t pick a particular video but I know YouTube has a lot of them, as do many PC-enthusiast magazine websites (if they’re still available these days). PC Gamer, Maximum PC, etc.

1 Like

I’ve built every PC I’ve owned since the early 1990s.

First, figure out exactly what cables you need to connect from the power supply to the motherboard and graphics card. Figure out what connectors need to go from the motherboard to the individual fans and to the case front headers. This is way easier to do before you’ve screwed everything together. Even though you don’t mount it now, make sure you’re crystal-clear on the orientation of the CPU, how the heat sink attaches, and which pins are dedicated to the CPU cooler fan.

I mount the power supply, the drives and the fans (and watercooler if you’re doing that) first. Connect power to the drives from the power supply.

Then add the motherboard. Attach all fan and front panel connectors to the motherboard. Be careful that anything marked with a + and - are connected to the appropriate pin header. Connect the SATA cables from the mobo to the drives.

Add the RAM, the CPU and the heat sink. Use thermal paste – a thin layer, you don’t want it squeezing all over the place

Finally, add the graphics card and any other cards you might have.

If you’ve done the first step – figuring out where everything goes and is routed before you do assembly, things should go pretty smoothly.

Good luck!

edit: If you have questions, PM or we can set up a Google hangout.

3 Likes

well it was a lot easier then I thought it would be, me and my dad did it in the same afternoon that I got it, didn’t turn it on though due to it being late.

the thermal paste was a pre-placed cream.

my dad did most of it any way.

well here’s hoping it will turn on.

Search up vids from Tech Yes City, Linus Tech Tips, and jayztwocents on how to build. Other than that most of the time how to “build” your pc comes down to how the different components and the case work with each other. Good luck!

And welcome to the master race.

I’ve heard that pre placed cream doesn’t give as good thermals as ones you place your self. Probably a 1 to 2 degree difference though.

oh well never mind, me and my dad have just been installing windows onto it, and once that is done we will get the anti-virus software we have on our other computers.

What are the specs, and how well does it play the game?!

Only just got it fully set up today, and haven’t played any games yet. also I’m not quite sure what the specs are. as my dad was the one who put it together, but I’m sure he can help me get the specs.

ALSO THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON THE FORUMS FROM MY NEW COMPUTER!!!

2 Likes