Just wanted to put this out there for exo planets

If a t8+ planet spawns in the sky make sure you have a elemental protection pie or chili handy to survive the atmosphere.

5 Likes

Even if you have maxed out atmospheric protection in the skill tree?

Yes. Max atmo protection only provides a total of 7 points.

1 Like

Protection pies give 3 points if I remember right. T8s are said to require 10points in protection.

2 Likes

kk You guys saved me a lot of time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Skill protection goes 1 2 3 5 7

3 Likes

right what he said

1 Like

Thanks, good to know - first thing I’m going to do on one is just bury myself for a couple hours, maybe doing some careful mining (who knows what is in store under there), so that I can pop the trophy for two hours on a special world without defeat. So I’ll be sure to bring enough needed food!

3 Likes

Pretty sure that trophy is gonna be a little work to get.

2 Likes

Yeah, if the devs see this I wouldn’t mind getting a little more elaboration on the requirements - if doing what I described on an exoplanet is enough? Or maybe there is something else coming down the line that qualifies as the special world?

1 Like

From everything I’ve gleaned the special worlds are supposed to be tough.

Also I agree a little elaboration would be nice but I doubt they will divulge any more info than the trophy describes.

The truth is we have no clue what is in store for us on the special worlds.

2 Likes

Well if we base it off the current pattern the exo worlds will be completely washed in 1 color and the world will be broken up with a bunch of floating mountains/ random bushes everywhere. Not really what I’m looking forward too but I will take it until they decide it’s best to rewrite the planet creating software they have now.

2 Likes

It sounds like the wraith enemies will be present on the next tier of worlds. My guess is the devs were not okay with players being so comfortable underground on planets where they can’t survive the surface. So the wraiths will warp down to you and make underground dangerous as well.

More on topic, I don’t like that a food buff is necessary for some atmospheres. Lots of little edge cases. The food buff wipes on death and you can’t see thru the portal back to know if it’s safe. You have to blindly run thru, eat a pie, and hope you don’t die straight away. Rezzing during meteors is also clunky. Even building would be tedious. Imagine eating a pie every half hour just to see thru the snow.

I hope when T8 worlds start appearing that the atmo skills are rebalanced.
1 point protection = T4, 2 points = T5, 3 for T6, 4 for T7, and 5 points = T8. Simpler too.

4 Likes

Increased levels of inhospitable environments does not need to mean ugly color washed planets. They could be beautiful planets with rivers of lava carved through them and fireballs raining from the sky with extreme weather changes fierce winds, extreme cold, lightning shooting down at everything, poisonous gas clouds moving across the land. Just saying they dnt have to be color washed that is just a bad representation of various levels of difficulty.

2 Likes

I would be happy to see wearable armor so we dnt have to use the skills.

4 Likes

There is only 3 types of protection foods;
• Protecting Biryani : 1 protection point
• Protecting Chili : 2 protection point
• Protecting pie : 3 protection point
:blush:

2 Likes

right lol well new I had something wrong just wasn’t sure

2 Likes

Exoplanet tally set to pass 4,000 mark https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47681239

There are a lot of exoplanets out there already.
They are a bit hard to find though.
And good luck opening a portal to one of those found so far!

6 Likes

What are you on about? :joy:

1 Like

The Warp Wraith scares me! I would be much relieved if it is only on T7+. At least then I can continue to mine my emeralds in peace. For the protection though, it makes sense to me to require skills + food for protection on T8. That’s the ultimate difficulty level. I do wish that protection foods stacked with other food buffs though. Then I could free up skill points for other things by using protection food on T6 planets.

2 Likes