Keep owner's info on a beacon until it's removed or claimed

I don’t know if expired beacons are like expired exo atlases, but it would be helpful if an expired beacon retained the previous owner’s name until it was removed or claimed by someone else.

There are times when it would be useful to know who the owner was so that you could try to contact them, if you want to.

-unless a beacon must be un-owned for “x” hours in the algorithm for it to begin the regen process?

12 Likes

Now this I can get behind!

1 Like

i like it why not
ow i think the regen depends on activity around the place
x amount off hours off no people walking in the area triggers the regen
if they havent changed that in last year
i think it was 8hours not sure though

That would mean someone with a critical hub would never need to refuel. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This would be a really nice add. Sometimes we find builds near the exodus that are unplotted and we plot them and leave signs, but have no idea who originally owned them.

4 Likes

I don’t think you can put a portal in an unplotted area, so even if the area does not regen it is unplotted. So when the beacon runs out, I believe the portal shuts down.

1 Like

Even if the portal was already there? That’d be an interesting science experiment.

1 Like
  • Placed Campfire
  • Opened Portal
  • Removed Campfire
  • Wild Portal

Just tested now.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I’ll assume this will be gone when everything regens in a few hours?

1 Like

I’ll update. I’m sure someone could manually close it (the orrrt side is in my beacon though) and take the blocks, but not sure how regen will handle it.

it’s got 49 hours of fuel, i believe the entire chunk has to have no avatar in it for 4 hours before regen starts.

1 Like

in beta i ran a very popular hub and i used that to keep out leaves and tree’s
was always funny that we had to clean up the town everytime the devs did a mayor update then there where massive forced regens

Interesting. So if you start it plotted then it continues to run until it runs out of fuel or until someone breaks it down since it is unplotted

yeah I’m not sure if regen will take a fueled portal, if nobody trolls it we’ll find out later today

Just ran over a little while ago, blocks are gone and the portal is closed.

It’s not a really busy area, so it’s probably safe to assume it was regen.

1 Like

Cool experiment :+1: ty for the info
I guess it’s just something we haven’t thought much about before because someone is usually long gone by the time their stuff starts to regen - any portals are usually the 1st thing to close down

1 Like

It will Regen and be gone.

Yeah, a couple hours ago.