Key for X/Y Axis lock in building

Hey yall,
Forgive me, I am not totally versed on every aspect of building in this game, and honestly I don’t even like building. I recently joined a guild that has the build buff going, where we just spam blocks almost uncontrollably fast - I was building a a roof (hate roofs) and it dawned on me that there should be a button that locks our build axis when we hold it.

I saw a post here from 2017 - and James says they were planning to have a skill or something to allow that, but afaik I don’t think it’s in game. I think it would really help building, especially large structures, as imo it makes the build buff actually helpful. Looking at a block, getting the side to give you the prompt to place, hold a button and for as long as you hold it - only connected blocks will be built on and only on that axis. It would be fantastic and a great time saver. It is so tedious for me, setting one block at a time, and constantly CONSTANTLY sticking them to the underside of my roof, or the top of my roof, it is just so mind-boggling how this game made it this far and how you all build without some function like this.

Anyway, Just my idea

6 Likes

My machine crashes when sound effects collide, but if this came with no added sound effect it would be super useful.

1 Like

Yes please

2 Likes

Yeah I’m a bit of an un-coordinated goof so I end up with blocks all over the place when I try to go too fast. Would indeed support this change.

I’ve seen people that can lay blocks and chisel at some insane speeds without making mistakes and I just can’t even fathom. I always try to build whatever platform I can or hang from my grapple in the exact right place to be able to lay straight lines or chisel down a line, but obviously this isn’t always possible.

2 Likes

On pc if your using a controller you can definitely lock the axis by playing with the controller settings and mapping the analogue stick to the AWSD keys.

1 Like

I’m too hardcore to use a controller on pc bruh kbm4life thug life yaheard

2 Likes

I thought so too then I tried it and sat back on the sofa and I was like wow PS4 players are much less stressed sitting on the sofa chilling

2 Likes