Key tokens for locked items :)

Hy there ,
Long story short , we were talking with @DoomsdayKnight about privacy and locking item inside a total cooperation becon
(worker+builder+ingeneer)

suddenly we’ve got an idea!

key tokens for each lock !(like places tokens) so a player can only used a locked item if he/she were granted by a token
those token could also be sell like “restricted acces” or vip shop… or ether for “guild acces only” etc

could be very nice

once again sorry for my bad english level …
if someone have understand my idea, feel free to reformulate in a proper version

3 Likes
  • I think it’s a great Idea
  • No need of this sh****

0 voters

I like this idea! plenty of creative use for such a simple looking implementation. It would be better if the owner can somehow remove their access if they wanted to. Could be used like when access to VIP shop expires, etc.

Key tokens consumes inventory space though, I would prefer it to be similar to beacon permission but on locks. (Just better be sure no one is tailgating!)

1 Like

when i say a token is only for selling
when you use the token it add it in a “keyholder file” same way like you use destination token to share palces

and i coul maybe be the same for the owner of the lock each key someone used is link in a “key given” book with the name of the ownerr of that key :slight_smile:

could poeple who have say “no need” of this motivate a bit they choice please… have you any solution for problem of this kind?

If I remember correctly you can achieve a lot of the examples with the current beacon system.
I have not tried it myself but adjacent beacons of the same person don’t merge, right?
This way you can setup different zones in your build with different permission sets.
“VIP” Zone, Storage Zone, Guild Hall, Private Rooms?

1 Like

as long as you have token item
pictures an inventory full of tokens

Keyring much? :smiley:

true but with this sytem you can lock for exemple a storage blog in the cellar because if you are vertical align whith your “shared zone” i must be the sam beacon…

Yep they don’t merge. Only that it wouldn’t work for vertical separation.

My reasoning is that I don’t see much benefit and sounds like a nightmare to implement. Also it’s over complicated and large majority of users wouldn’t use it just because of that. People don’t want to study five pages of explanation how something works, some have issues making furnace work let alone something this complicated.

Another reason, if you’re gonna sell that I don’t see logic in not making it public from the get go? You sell to one person and that person leaves doors unlocked or whatever, tricky to implement. You need a whole new subsystem to handle it.

1 Like

I think just a fourth permission to access locks would be fine

1 Like

^^ This would be my preferred solution too

3 Likes

What about a pinned combination lock that only the beacon owner can change the pin code to? Each lock should be able to have its own pin code. Beacon owner can disable pin code (so lock works like it does now), and change pin code (so only the new pin works and those who don’t have the new pin are locked out).

1 Like