Kinda quit boundless

I somewhat have quit boundless I use to spend 12 hours a day in game but now it’s like a hour once a week. One thing that has turned me off is the lack of updates for PS4 we haven’t had a big game changing update since farming. And I’m not saying we have to have a big update once a month but we need something. It was also very stressful trying to keep up multiple portals either I was spending 10s of thousands on Ort or had to do every meteor I saw fall. And when it comes to Exo worlds especially rift if your not on within the first hour be prepared to spend hours mining only coming out with around 150 (not even enough to mass craft) it just becomes disheartening and I stopped going to exos. I still love this game and want it to be great but recently I just haven’t felt the passion I use to.

7 Likes

Doing anything 12 hours/day is gonna burn you out…

12 Likes

I was gonna to say the exact same thing. Even if it’s something you love to do often, reduced time here and there keeps you coming back more often.

2 Likes

Updates and bigger things will continue to come and maybe that will refresh it for you personally to get that spark back again. They had hinted at some bigger updates for 2020 and we are just getting started in the year, takes time to release solid major game changes, especially with a smaller dev team.

2 Likes

Yeah I understand that’s why I said we didn’t have to have a big update every month I would be fine with one every 4 to 5 months as long as we know it’s coming

1 Like

I started to slowly scale back on the hours but running a mall and a portal network takes up a lot of time

1 Like

Id say burning out from playing anything for even 6 hours a day is a logical outcome.

1 Like

Well, we don’t have a date or anything (I think) but they had hinted at the shields, the stalker, and anything else that may release with the need of shields/armor. The awesome thing I remind myself of is we are only moving forward, so in time, we will be enjoying the next entry to the growing world. Just the thought that anything is coming with or without dates keeps me hyped personally.

If the game stopped I’d be sad, that’s about the only thing that would suck.

1 Like

I’m currently at about 4 hours maybe 4.5 steady today, and I’m feeling it lol… Break time coming up. The eyes and brain are starting to say “what are you doing to us!!?”

1 Like

It would be nice to know tho what they want to add to the game the coming months or this year. I don’t care if other stuff gets higher priority and it is being shoved back, at least we know that it’s coming.

Now, we know nothing besides the shields, rental planets and warp wraith…

7 Likes

Regarding the updates, you are right, in PS4 we have not received much, and I think that the creative mode they are integrating is unnecessary, they are spending a lot of resources and time on something that we cannot even get on the console and that only a few will know how to use. I would expect specific content to be met, such as being able to mechanize certain sectors, such as mass cultivation or other improvements in quality of life or something that really affects the progress of the game.

1 Like

Rental planets with the ability to transfer your settlement may make some things less complicated. It could also bring back people who have left. But that’s just a guess on my part.

1 Like

From my understanding this update was laying ground work for rental planets. And right now it’s not available to us on PS4 as the UI has to be redone first in order to be available to us. Which takes time and doesn’t happen over night. Tho I could be wrong on how I take comments that have been said and reading to much into them. But as we sometimes don’t get straight answers it’s hard to tell. But nonetheless the rental planets will be available to PS4 and PC so I’m not worried this one is only available on pc at the moment

2 Likes

Warp wraith you say??? I need to read up on this haha.

Well they just pushed out the lovestruck event with a few new goodies, plus the last couple updates that further allow for future potential customization with creative modes, and mod capabilities which could surely be sent over to the core game we all play if the mod is worthy enough to implement. I think if we get a strong mod community that makes legit mods that don’t break the game, that alone could speed up the games development in some ways to keep many going.

As for creative mode and other things the PC may currently have over the PS4 users. Give it time. These features when worked out with the easier ability to test and patch via PC will make its way to console once they are happy with the build of it.

The warp wraith is just the official name for the hunter. So whatever you know about the hunter applies to the warp wraith

2 Likes

Ah, had wondered if it was one in the same :stuck_out_tongue: ok back on track lol

I’m 99.9% sure the private worlds would bring people in. I know some people who havent even played (wont even buy the game) for lack of private worlds.

1 Like

Exactly most players I know are getting tired of not knowing. I tried getting a few people into boundless but they all declined due to it not showing any growth. Was like it does grow they just don’t show you anything they are working on. :neutral_face::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I tried to get some people into it. One took it in and loves it, another played it for several hours, and give up saying it was too grindy for them, and went back to playing Atlas.

Takes a particular taste to like this game it seems. One big reason I like it is for it is so much prettier than Minecraft, and uses far less CPU/Ram than Creativerse, and far more block shapes than those two and many other voxel games.

Chizels. Chizels are awesome.

2 Likes

i love the game but i 100% feel the creative update is the wrong way for the dev team to be going right now.

i would much rather have other in game content like the hunter mobs or anything really… creative being a mode that has 0 impact on my regular game universe doesn’t interest me in the slightest- and if private planets means no blocks back and forth from live universe to my private planet- then also, not for me.

11 Likes