Kinda quit boundless

Well I know the feeling lately…even i have felt that way when the last update happened. Its all for pc …and i really don’t care about that chat system anyway. I am not much of a builder either. To be honest if it wasn’t for georgio I believe I would of left…Its a great game but it’s just become a grind. I find my time is become short due to outside life and it’s hard to get everything when have little time… I understand your feeling

3 Likes

Yea people most likely have to like grinding.
I just fell in love with the graphics and sounds when I first started playing :slight_smile:
I had a crafting table for 3 to 4 days before knowing there was other machines xD

1 Like

Creative mode appears to be a stepping stone towards private servers and not an actual objective in and of itself. Private creative servers may launch before private live universe servers to test for problems.

2 Likes

The creative mode that they added, think of it as the devs starting to build up the foundation that will become the creative mode, at the moment it’s only available from the debugging menu, the reason why it’s not in ps4. Eventually it will be available for the ps4 side.

Yes, I also think that later on it will be a good thing, but I still think that doing that mode is unnecessary compared to the amount of functional content that the game could have and how it would improve the gameplay.

While I can see exactly where most of you are coming from on this I would just give a bit of perspective. When EA was prematurely ended due to the SE merger, the game rushed into production and private worlds got put onto the back burner. . . until now. Some of us have been waiting for THIS update for more than a couple years now. Since 1.0, the functional content introduced to the game has included: bombs, T6 and T7 planets, exos, farming, many many new blocks, graphics overhaul, 10 times the planets we had, forging overhaul, lucent gems, liquid solidifying, a ton of character shop items, holiday events, and I am sure I am leaving out a whole host of other content. My point is that some of us have waited very patiently for just this update.

8 Likes

But did EA have armour?

2 Likes

At this point with the low population we don’t need creative mode until the population grows

The population is to low for rental planets at this point

It would actually bring in a lot of people. There’s people who won’t play this game because of the lack of rental planets and there’s people who left because rental planets still aren’t here

2 Likes

Yeah I used to think rental planets and creative mode would suck too many people out of the main game. It might, but I also think it would bring many more new users and many returning players.

Maybe they more careful since promising the hunter and it being a no show

Understandable when you lose interest or just burn out. Had the same problem but have to say taking a break here and there is beneficial.

What also helps is tearing your entire main build down and start over on an other planet^^

1 Like

Just give me a massive overhaul to the hunting on this game and I can hang for another 2 years while they finish all the other promises they started.

Strongly disagree. If you want to keep players that leave due to the grind then creative mode is a good idea. If you want players to do time lapse builds in order to show what is possible then creative mode will be better than trying to make an interesting video where the person building spends months gathering and crafting in order to have enough material for a substantial build.

4 Likes

It seems they think, rightfully or wrongly that adding this will grow the playerbase.

I don’t know if it will work or not, but they have to try something. They have added content the last twelve to fifteen months and the playerbase never really grew because of it.

Creative mode, in theory could attract a whole new type of player that is outside of the current niche.

4 Likes