Kinetic or Impulse questions

Hello! I would like to venture more into getting silver+ materials and upon research lv4-5 world seems to be my best bet.

atmosphere protection is needed for sure but cuttletrunk is my biggest issue atm. don’t really want to kill them but their aggressiveness is putting me off on exploring.
what type of attack are cuttletrunk using? I’d like to max out the defenses so I can just ignore them lol.

Thanks in advance!

If you’re going there just to mine get underground or into a mountain and you’re golden. Control and the stealth epic will practically make them ignore you if you’re going to be on the surface

1 Like

It looks like the stealth epic make mobs loose you from their radar quicker to, if you run from them.

1 Like

@Smooth-Slick @Heureka
Thats a great way :smiley: thanks for the advice!

1 Like

When i started on higher i used an atlas and run to a hotspot, dig down 3 block and sealed it off for the mobs.
I saved the location (so i could return later without running there again).

Then i could drink my coffee in peace before start digging.

2 Likes

Cuttletrunks use both type of attacks, that is to say they use both kinetic and impulse attacks. Impulse comes in the form of the lasers and bombs while kinetic attacks are the white glowy blobs they shoot, whether they are homing or not is irrelevant to damage type. Most commonly at level strong+ they start with a laser attack and then try to shoot the homing kinetic deals. If you grapple them they shoot kinetic until damaged a certain amount and then will shoot bombs, if you head away from them for a certain distance they tend to shoot bombs. Higher tier cuttles(mighty+) have a ‘vacuum’ attack where they will suck the player toward them in the air and throw them away causing fall damage, easist thing to do in that case is either grapple the cuttles or the ground.
Hope this helps some, even with stealth and control you may end up aggroed

5 Likes

@Bryethewizard

Hello Brye, thank you so much for the detailed information, that helped me a bunch and I will keep them in mind :smiley:

It’s my pleasure to share what I have learned.

1 Like

Yeah, max control, max bonus attributes, and stealth epic is pretty much required on higher level planets; unless you want to fight everything or do nothing but run and hide. On T6 planets some of the monsters have insane aggro ranges and start to resist stealth.

As somebody else said, Cuttletrunks will rarely bother you with stealth because their distance in the air above is just outside stealth range. You only need be cautious of your surroundings when ascending anything, but at least Cuttletrunks, like Spitters, give a warning sound before they fully aggro.

1 Like