Knowledge Tab & Sancturn

I don’t think so, but it definitely looks like a lot of the other GUI mockups with that layout. I haven’t really been maintaining the collection recently either though, I want to do an overhaul at some point. Thank you for notifying me though!

1 Like

Sorry that should have been:

Worlds 5/30,000

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Worlds 5/300,000

5 Likes

Stop! He’s gonna pop!

3 Likes

Too late :exploding_head:

Words 5/3,000,000

(I can do this all day…)

5 Likes

you do realize we are going to quote you on this. if there is even one less than 30,000,000 we are coming after you. i have a bunch of torches left over from the last mob and I’m willing to bet Havok40k still has the pitchforks.

4 Likes

MOAR worlds!!! MOAR!!!

1 Like

I’m so ready to grab the pitchforks, I need my 3,000,000 worlds!

2 Likes

Sorry to necro this thread, but I’m wondering about the status of this expansion of the knowledge menu. I’m guessing there wasn’t time to fit this in?
Idk if @kernal is still active on here, but I suppose I’ll tag @SamF and @Steggs101

My reply was caused by some confusion over what skills did what (with regard to crafting), and I figured something like this would make it clearer, as well as making other parts of the game clearer.

5 Likes

@willcrutchley Hey I’m still here. We’re hoping/planning to get as much of this stuff in as possible. We also have a few ideas on how to improve the clarity of the crafting recipes on the skills screen.

10 Likes

Sounds great! Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update @kernal, do you know if there’s any plans to add a search function to the crafting machine interface? That would be super helpful.

1 Like

@kernal and etc - i have an idea for the Sanctum (if oyu could be done)

The Sanctum God (as i call him) would be so cool and nice (to new payers especially) if he could be coded to text the in-game chat to you - or a UI pops up where he says and does as follows (or similar)

Ahh a new Traveller!!! (or similar) Welcome Friend, You must be wondering what you are doing here so far from home? (and explain a little bit of the lore on how you came to be there)

Also, it would be nice as the tutorial starts if he could also give you some pointers or even the tutorial itself >>

You must be wondering how you can leave this sanctum? well please step up to the plinths in front of you and take this totem (points to it) and this Warp Augment (points to it) - just slot the Augment into the Totem, activate it in the hand of you choice by pointing it at one of the planets you see above me. Choose you Destination/Landing spot… Ahh you have done as i have said! Now, please, step forward and take this Warp Conduit which was lost due to XX and complete one of these blocks, it does not matter which one… Ahh you know how to follow instruction it seems! Good for you!.. Now all you have to do is interact with this warp Conduit and choose Warp to Destination Then you must open it by breaking the blocks and step through…

or something similar :slight_smile: (if it could be done ofc)

3 Likes

It is designed but not implemented. Maybe unlikely for 1.0 but hopefully soon. You can see the GUI design here with a search field.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what the current plans are for The Sanctum God - one for @james I think.

1 Like

Very, very useful! This is a good way to craft. But please make it saved and reused, when u use the next same type of machine.
For example: you search “hammer”, found started to craft and will go to the next machine to craft another one. So the search filter should be persistent and we do not need to search again.

If you go to a mixer for example, this filter does not make sence. So you may let the filter be clear?

If this is too complex, maybe a shortcut like STRG + F would help, so users can search much faster then clicking in the field. It’s all about time :smiley: (time is money).

2 Likes

Something I have been missing as a new player is an easy way to search / filter the information in the Knowledge tab. I know you can already filter them on some presets, but in order to be able to use that it requires me (the n00b) to know in which category you (the devs) have placed an item.

Like I was trying to find how to make Glass, but by the time I found Glass in the Knowledge tab, I had already looked over it 20 times probably.

Would be nice if we could type a term into a search box and only the corresponding matches get shown. You type stone in the search box? Only the stuff which has stone in the name shows up. From there you can continue your search. Would also be nice to be able to click through to the next item.

Glue for example. Type it in the search box in the knowledge tab and only Glue gets displayed. Click on glue to open up it’s recipe and you see it needs Bone and Sap, click on the bone item and it brings you to that knowledge so you know where to get bone.

That would have helped me a lot actually.

What planet are these on? Can you mine starberries from the walls of Eaton Mess caves, or get drops of Learning Pie after bombe mining? At deep levels do you encounter treacle pools and have to carefully avoid falling in while searching for rare vein of non-pareils and elusive trifle drops from sponge pudding?

Sorry, I got sidetracked. In-game tech tree cyclopedia. Good idea.