Kranut seed loss

I thought i had this problem with my berry farms, at 102% seed yield my ~300 berry platform (i stacked berries) would regularly yield 5-10less seeds than i had originally planted…

Turns out my reach exc(s)eeded my grasp and i was whacking seeds off the side of the platform that my 'ling couldnt catch. Fixed since i carry a seed magnet in my offhand now.

Most likely not what is happening here though, i know my kranut setup is quite sensitive to untilled block losses as pointed to earlier

I’ve seen similar problem with kindling mass at 35% crop and 100% seed.

My main gripe is that it’s random, I rather they get all untilled or none…

1 Like

Not getting XP for tilling new soil sucks, though. I kinda wish it’d at least give 2 XP per tilling, like how every other tool gives XP for using it, one way or another.

I would hope none. If I have to add another task to farming then starts becoming chores instead of a game.

(This rant has nothing to do with your post)
Don’t really care if real life requires tilling a field every time between planting. This is supposed to be a game, not work or chores. The game already has an unrealistic model for farming, in real life plants do not need amber in order to produce a better yield.

4 Likes

When all soil in untilled after harvesting is can just speed run over the field, now I need to carefully check to see how if there’s one not tilled.

Related to this?

For me it’s only happening with karunut seeds. And I made sure I had 100% seed yield displaying on screen. I moved slow and retilled each block before moving on to the next plant to harvest. I have seen this twice in a row now.

1 Like

Yeap just planted over 700 and harvested them …full farming spec…all full seed yield. And I got 10 or so extra from harvest…It’s quicker and more productive to just get wild ones than growing them…It’s seriously a turn off

Actually it’s more effective if you do both. Have same setup as OP and recoup any seed loss from wild ones.

2 Likes

Then what’s the point…might as well not have a farm…Why till why get risin why use a speed brew to harvest and plant quick…when u can just go get wild ones…I got a ton on the exo planets it was awesome…but I was trying to make a worthwhile bark farm…I think I am going to need a 2 to 3 k farm just to do that…but I guess it is do able …will remain positive …let’s build this thing…hahaha

Can I get an idea of the quantity of items that appear after crops were harvested? It sounds like a fair number of you are not getting the items expected, which is why I asked if it was related to the forum topic that I have linked.

This is currently what I have in game when experimenting with Kranuts and a few other crops. I concentrated on Seed Yield over Crop Yield.

Ancient Oat

Crop Yield: 170-180%
Seed Yield: 100%

Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1 Ancient Oat Seed, 2 Ancient Oat Grains

Waxy Tuber Plant

Crop Yield: 95-128%
Seed Yield: 100-105%

Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1 Waxy Earthyam Bulb, 1-2 Raw Waxy Earthyams

Exotic Tuber Plant

Crop Yield: 148-158%
Seed Yield: 95-98%

Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1 Exotic Earthyam Bulb, 2 Raw Exotic Earthyams

Kranut Plant

Crop Yield: 15-40%
Seed Yield: 90-109%

Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1 Kranut Seed, 0-1 Kranuts

Combustion Fractions

Crop Yield: 0%
Seed Yield: 110%

Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1 Combustion Fraction Kernel, 0-1 Combustion Particle

Starberry Vine

Crop Yield: 60-104%
Seed Yield: 110-112%
Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1 Starberry Seed, 0-1 Raw Starberry

Glossy Starberry Vine

Crop Yield: 26-62%
Seed Yield: 103-104%
Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1-2 Glossy Starberry Seeds, 0-1 Raw Glossy Starberry

Juicy Starberry Vine

Crop Yield: 50-74%
Seed Yield: 96-97%
Items collected after harvesting 1 crop: 1 Juicy Starberry Seed, 0-1 Raw Juicy Starberry

If you can share some numbers, that would be great.

My numbers are with max farming skill, luck, attribute bonus and farming epic.

Exotic tuber
Crop - 48%
Seed - 110%
Harvested 72: 78 seeds, 42 yams

Juicy starberries:
Crop - 16%
Seed - 106%
Harvested 84: 88 seeds, 32 berries

Glossy berries (a)
Crop - 38%
Seed - 108%
Harvested 49: 59 seeds, 30 berries

Glossy berries (b)
Crop - 134%
Seed - 101%
Harvested 48: 48 seeds, 72 berries

Wheat (a)
Crop - 100%
Seed - 110%
Harvested 30: 34 seeds, 37 wheat

Wheat (b)
Crop - 180%
Seed - 100%
Harvested 54: 54 seeds, 108 wheat

Oat
Crop - 220%
Seed - 100%
Harvested 54: 54 seeds, 130 oats

Kindling mass
Crop - 0%
Seed - 105%
Harvested 31: 34 kernels, 5 shreds

My internet is down until a tech can come out, but I will report my kranut yield when I get on next.

I will when my full crop is completely grown.all planted at same time but up to 8 hours different growing times even if planted 1 second after…It’s just so random…

1 Like

I just cleared exactly 100 Kranut plantings out of the middle of my field being careful to check before harvesting every one to ensure it said 160% crop / 100% seed.

End result after harvesting the 100 plantings (with the farming epic) was 178 Kranuts and 100 seeds.

Kranuts

I continued on counting 1 by 1 and verifying the 160% / 100% ratios before harvesting each plant. I had 79 more that were ready to harvest with that 160/100 ratio. That brings my total for this harvest to 179 plants harvested. End result was 319 Kranuts and 179 seeds.

Kranuts2

After clearing the middle section of the field that is setup 160/100 I did the 2 rows around the border of my field that are set up as a mix of 130 crop / 103 seed and 100 crop / 105 seed. I had 111 plants ready to be harvested in my outer 2 perimeter rows and the result was 139 Kranuts and 118 seeds:

Kranut5

Grand total for all the ready to harvest plants in my field based on the info above

290 plants harvested

458 Kranuts total

297 Seeds total

2 Likes

Where is your farm .I couldn’t get 100%seed and 160% crop…crop I think was quite low. So I just did full seed…I love to check out what your doing

Lasaina, can get to it via the Boori PS Shopping Hub… VB Rocket Shop portal… once through the portal my farm will be behind you on the other side of my workshop building.

I didn’t replant the Kranuts I harvested yet as I had to exit the game for a bit… but will be back on in about 30 - 45 mins or so if you need help.

I am at work being a aussie myself.i actually only need see block placement…I know not to till but probably need check spacing…

Hope this helps… I started with Mayumi’s great info HERE

KranutInfo

Then worked it out to see what I would need for 100% seed

Breakdown

So I wanted each plant to be “near” at least 3 water, 3 amber, and 8 tilled soils. The way I came up with, that works for the space I had to work with, (I am sure there are many other configs) is:

The amber has been placed and square chiseled once to allow the water to be placed inside in enough of the spots to get 3 within “near” range of each plant but also allow for the 8 tilled soils to be around each as well. I didn’t go to deep into trying to analyze the best layout. I just played around with it till I got the 100 / 160 I was looking for from the middle of my field (the outer borders of my field are set up differently for a bit of extra seed and less crop to allow for field expansion later).

The perimeter of my field I added some alternating compact iron into the pattern which results in a mix of 105% Seed / 100 % Crop and 103% Seed / 130% Crop, so I still get at least 1 Kranut per plant but usually a few extra seeds per complete harvest to store up for when I am ready to expand the field.

3 Likes