Latency near farm plants, stuttering appears since last patch

Yesterday i was revealing atlas on low tier planet and passed by @JaceyLive farms. I have got insane fps drop in that region. i don’t remember which planet it was but maybe @JaceyLive could give you its location.

After maintaining farm and shop I thought meh the framerate seems stable lets see if the issues resolved itself. For a test I entered my farm Houchus I -1,217N, -1,352E then the hangar at Houchus I -1,288N, 1,336E and the framerate and draw distance simply broke for a bit I could only see the bloblike blocks when looking at buildings I could normally easily see and ofc it stutters ^^

Are people mainly on PS4 experiencing this? I’m guessing so as I can’t reproduce it on PC.
(The PS4 has a pretty slow CPU compared to PCs. If so, it’s likely something getting expensive on the CPU.)

• PS4
  • PC

0 voters

I will try any locations to see if I have issues when I get home. I’m a PS4 player.

If you find the time and are located in or near the US, try my home base on Houchs I its open to the public. PS Hub first portal to the right when you come from maluriakrib. The coordinates are up in this thread too. ^^

I’ll check it out, I’m on the US West Coast and usually do fine on Aussie servers.

Its on Houchs I <- USE

and thank you : )

Oops, thinking of McRib lol

I dunno if this helps… I now always get fps drop from 59 to 25 here: Antar VI, start at 800,-2204,70, follow road North toward tower. doesn’t matter where I’m looking, if I hang around for a while it stabilizes, when at the tower, everything runs smoothly.
took a screenshot of the latency graph (PC), circled when fps drop happened. my cpu usage was between 40 and 75% 20190816235203_1

1 Like

If you could show us the Frame Time and Latency Graphs together this would help.

edit: you meant the graph. sorry. here’s the graphs

1 Like

This ain’t a farm but at this place you can see i the frame time changing drastically while looking at south.

Wathcing North :

Watching South :

Coords in screenshots.

Edit : It seems to have a small farm behind that building south side.

1 Like

I didn’t experience any issues with lag or stuttering when I walked around your farm. Some of your crops were mature and some were still growing. I’ll check back later this weekend. I’m on an older COD BO3 PS4.

Very nice farm btw.

1 Like

Neptunia is under attack something got past the shields please help fix before we Bomb it and relocate it

Ok ty, that already proves that the connection is the main culprit. But I had hope ^^
oh yea I harvested a bit yesterday.

@earlybird4 shush the only one attacking Neptunia will be us time to get the bombs ready
\ ^_ ^ /
take pictures while you can Cookie-chan, I wanted to build a proper Basilicom anyways~

@james sorry for wasting your time, thread can be closed.

This step-up could easily be the reflection starting to render. You can test this by disabling it in the options. When there is not fluid on the screen the reflections are disabled.

Yeah my farm is in Trung not too sure on the location as I’m not online but I can always find it later

Relevant for this thread, I am still experiencing occasional stutter spikes (framerate drops) globally, sometimes blobbing of textures and the connection drop nebula. I think it is a connection issue but it definetly started with the last update.

edit: my own connection is stable no issues with other applications or internet services.

2 Likes

Seems to be that for that place, but i do not remember seeing water/reflection at @JaceyLive farm on trung. Maybe he was using a lot of gleam sign.

Hotfix 227.1 seems to have resolved most of the problems (framerate is still a bit down i feel, but not spiking at least). Dont quote me on that though if it goes to heck in a day ^^ but it looks like it helped, thank you.