Launch keys Question

I am just curious which is considered the launch day?
The 28th we are allowed to stream the game.
The 7th is access for people who pre-purchased
and the 11th is when everyone can join in.

In theory all 3 of those dates could be used

Pretty sure they mean full launch, which would be the 11th. Maybe @james can clarify.

1 Like

Yeah I am getting mixed answers and was told to post here and hope a developer would reply, currently it isn’t announced anywhere really but I do agree it is prolly the 11th

It’s deffinately the 11th. I asked them once to, and they clearly said launch key means for launch on the 11th at launch. And it’s been asked in other threads many times to with the same answer.

I have used the search button on the top right of page, and have not found a thread stating this, if you could link one it would be appreciated.

EDIT: I also went through your profile posts and you have nothing in there about launch keys

after digging a bit…
know this might be seen as necro, but just so i dont make another post on the subject

My alt is also wayfarer and the wayfarer say +1 launch key - are you guys saying that we will be emailed these once the game is actually released? Or as pre-release?

As i have not got mine yet… thank you

iGoofyWayfarer8d
I believe James or Steggs has stated that they will be emailing the keys upon 1.0’s official release, so I’m guessing anybody with a Wayfarer or higher tiered package will get the codes on September 11.

That’s copied from a post titled Launch keys.

Right but that is someone “guessing” it isnt a developer actually stating it

An official word would be nice. I do appreciate you taking the time though, not trying to come off rude or anything if I am I am just simply curious which date it means

I can dig it. No worries, you gotta get up earlier in the morning than that to upset me, my friend.

I don’t feel like digging through thousands of post to find what the developers said. I don’t mean to sound rude.
It wasn’t a thread by itself, but a questions a few ppl have asked withing their many questions. I will give it a meager effort to look and add in an edit if I see it.

But so far we can deduct that you don’t have it yet, and the 1.0 is not live yet to the public, and all the vets playing the game have not spammed the forums complaining about it. And it was said to be for the official launch. All the other pre-stuff ,(us playing now and on the 28th) still isn’t an official launch.

I feel the 7th is considered launch. Most likely will be a patch on the 6th that will add more planets and update a lot of the current issues with the game.

Post #202 in Q: Can I upgrade my Boundless package?

jamesDeveloper17d
Hiya James I was looking for my instant access key from upgrading to wayfarer on june 13 I can’t find it or is that 1x instant access key one I’m using now for me and when do we get the +1 extra launch key?

Wayfarer is 1x Instant Access which you’re currently using, and 1x Launch Key which we’ll send out when the game launches in September.

Post 54 of same thread=
Nov '17
Is the plot upgrade for 1 character or for all 3 characters the 25 % extra plots?

The status is on your account - hence all characters.

And If it is for all characters is it only on my main account or if I use my second key I get does that have 25% Extra plots also?

The launch keys are standard game keys without any perks.

They have said the Official Launch is Sept 11th. All other launches are for backer and those pre-orders recently offered. So using the powers of deduction you only have 2 real choices. Sept 7th or the 11th. I believe it’s the 11th because its the only day that has no perks. It is in fact the Official Launch day. The other releases dates are perk rewards.

Hope this helps. I couldn’t find where I had asked the same question and was told exactly this, “Launch keys are for Launch day.” But if the keys were given sooner then they would get pre-Sept 11th perks. But James made it clear they have no perks and do not qualify for backer perks, which would allow them in game before the 11th.