Leaving the Game....for now

It is with regret that I am informing the community that I will be leaving this game for the foreseeable future.

Maybe when rentable planets come to the game I will return.

This has been my exclusive game since before official release in sept.

The community for the most part has been amazing and I love the interactions with others.
However there have been recent events that are just proving to be too tiring and I won’t tolerate the harrassment that has ensued the passed few weeks.

I will be holding a liquidation of most of my non essential items in storage.
The quark portals will be closing for good this weekend as well.
I apologize in advance for the inconvenience this may cause to some that use our mini hub all the time
I have had an amazing time in this game and wish that it hadn’t needed to go to this extreme.
I also know that my exit will more than likely prompt a few a other players to follow suit.

Namely at least one of my brothers and our nieces and nephew.

Many fine journeys to you all and the sale will start in about an hour on Quark on Angel 1
Can be found from gyosha mall … ultima and portal seekers.

4 Likes

One, unnamed entitled player has caused this. They refuse to communicate other than complaining. Adios.

1 Like

I would help If i was around that server.

Take you a break, enjoy life.

The few entitled players are ruining communities in the game that are bringing in new people.

Ive seen it 3 times now.

3 Likes

:hushed::confused:

I’d be happy to beacon a plot w shelves, give you guys perms and keep all of your items for you, for if/when you guys return. I’ve got GC for awhile.

Otherwise, if you need more space in the mall to sell your items, just let me know.

3 Likes

A lot of players aren’t playing as often as they use to.

Well. Have fun doing whatever it is you plan on doing. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Naming is against CoC, you should probably edit that if you wish to avoid unpleasantries.

Sorry to hear it, have always found you guys to be super nice and helpful on forums and in game. Have a good break, and hope to see you again.

1 Like

If I am made to feel that I have done something wrong then I am going to.

sad to see you go :frowning: … too many good people leaving or taking breaks…

2 Likes

This game is past naming and shaming at this point. That single rule has done significant damage to this game and community.

Not holding jerks and morons accountable for their actions and waiting and hoping the devs have the time to follow up on reports (which they can’t do, it’s painfully obvious) is increasingly bringing this games populations to its knees.

At this point this game should be blossoming in its population, but it’s done nothing but shrink more and more under the light of jerks being allowed to roam and do jerk things all in the name of ‘it’s a sandbox’.

They want this game to have a kid friendly rating, I’ve got news, it’s never going to meet that status as long as jerks are allowed to be jerks.

I find it comical given the debate and concern over the profanity filter. That gets more attention than assholes being themselves.

12 Likes

Its ridiculous that we are having to move to rid ourselves of being harassed why are rude people allowed to be rude, yet us good players have to take it. We’ve tried to resolve this issue to no avail, and the harassment continues, both in game and here on the forum. We have been playing since ps4 release and our nephews and nieces play. It’s sad that all of our hard work is torn between being ripped down and moved, or continue to be harassed. For shame I say, for shame.

Please PM me some details of what is going on.

If there are beacons - please include the exact location for me.

1 Like

The problem is that the developers don’t want to devolve into being forced into unfair action due to mob mentality. They don’t want to ban people simply because a group of people want them banned. That can be easily abused.

To add to that, what may look like obvious harassment to you or a few, may not be so obvious to a 3rd party (the devs) looking from the outside, in. Put these things together and they’re rightfully hesitant to act at times.

Every move they make may set a negative precedent going forward.

3 Likes

Blinvir has been in contact with you

Were not trying nor do we want anyone banned but being harassed in game and on the forum is getting old

And I reviewed the location and responded to them. I also asked them to contact me again if anything changed.

I’m here to help. So please PM some details and I’ll help.

8 Likes

@james ty for your help I’m sorry you had to deal with this but your help is much appreciated

1 Like

The name n shame CoC rule isn’t to protect the guilty from justice, it’s to protect the innocent from the ignorant. Please report and name all cases of harassment to the proper channels. Community Managers, Mods, Devs, or the support email. It does take time to investigate and properly handle each case, but the alternative is a witch hunting mob where a lot of innocent people will get caught up in the crossfire.

3 Likes

The process for this is too time consuming and irritating and often doesn’t yield much in the way of results unless it’s a constant flagrant action being taken. It is easy to sweep things that are smaller but still passive aggressive as hell under the rug because a developer does not want to have to be the one to swing that hammer around.

Quitting the game is easier. This game has gone from a population of 800 to 400 to the mid 200s on average now.

The problems currently plaguing the game are like whack a mole. They all need to be addressed but which first?

The update being focused on new player retention and putting a bit more guide rails there is a fantastic start. The game has so much to offer it needs those rails for the bewbs to start with.

There also needs to be a stricter/firm position in the way plotting is done. The update fixed some things and broke a lot of others. Theres no easy fix for it, and I’m glad I’m not in the position to have to address and fix it. Thankfully Boundless is just entertainment for me and not my bread and butter income. Maybe installing unusable bumper spaces, to plots, to keep people from being able to be jerks is something that should be looked at if possible. Like I said, I don’t know what the fix is outside of just getting rid of jerks in general but something clearly needs to be done differently in terms of the efficiency in which it is dealt with. It feels like it takes a public spotlight to address these situations, which sucks.

4 Likes

Devs should remove the ability to warp to a beacon, this would help at least a bit to start.

4 Likes