Leaving the Game....for now

I like this idea, more then just for this reason.
Before i picked my spot to build i looked around.
Found some sweet mountains and all.
Only for there to be 1 lone beacon somewhere names. Planet - Item
You can save locations people! and port there that way.

1 Like

And remove footfall from roads.

People wouldn’t feel the need to be so disruptive with their building if they didn’t feel the need to get more footfall.

1 Like

I agree with this to some degree as it might actually help the game however this wouldn’t stop some people.
Infrastructure isn’t always about footfall sometimes it’s about ease of access

2 Likes

If they relaunched the game without the ability to warp to beacons, and without footfall of any kind, the worlds would look a lot more beautiful IMO.

I put up a lot of structures just to collect footfall. Put zero effort into them. Didn’t care as long as I got free cash.

Sure, you’re correct here. But the alternative of Naming and shaming players with no due process of discovering the truth or negotiating a mutual agreement is 100x more destructive than a slow arbitration process. It would be an improvement to add more devs or community managers to help “swing that hammer around”, but it does not help to put that hammer in the hands of every single community member. That results in chaos and abuse.

I highly doubt that even a quarter of that player base loss is due to abuse from other players. People who leave due to other players may be the most vocal about why they are leaving, but it’s far from the most common reason.

I completely agree- best solution to playing whack a mole is having more hammers, and make sure the same mole does not need multiple whacks. I personally advocate for increased staff and increased Ban rate, but I’m just a player like you in that regard.

Community update has been a huge boon to this situation, but you’re absolutely right- issues remain.
There comes a point where the individual players simply need to have thicker skin and be more courteous to their neighbors. Obviously, this being the Internet, that’s unlikely to ever happen, however on an individual basis we can work to make ourselves more resilient to trolls.

3 Likes

Only if they make the location list infinate.

Man. This blows. Hopefully your issues get resolved and you can return soon.

When you do, I’m sure I’ll have a portal spot waiting for you.

1 Like

Hope you return soon!

1 Like

How exactly do you get to yalls town? I looked around earlier and no one knew it was even a town.

Quark’s portals are reopened.

1 Like

We have a large portal from Gyosha Mall, portals just off of the PS Hubs on Imdarii and Grovidias Te (the Grovidias portal is kinda hidden), and one in the second floor player portals in Grindstone. Also portals to the hub in High Ridge and Odin’s Rest.

2 Likes

Now I have to remake signs, lol

Welcome back!

Lol

That didn’t take long.

Sounds like you never were going to leave.

Hmm. Weird.

Oh well, I’m glad you’re back.

You seem to be confusing @Vurtadelic with myself.
It was me that is taking the break not him.