LED light bug

Ok this one has been in the game for a while, but I’ve been lazzy about recording it.

As you can see there are multiple LEd states that just dont light properly.

I take it that you’re referring to the LED Block XXXX that is nearest to the character in this instance?

1 Like

I suppose that’s the one that has the correct brightness and the ones that are not working properly are the others.

I’ve not been able to reproduce this so far. What are the coordinates of this particular example?

Oh I removed them and I don’t have the cordinates on hand right now, but I will try to do it again later today.

will most certainly be a driver issue, what is your driver + gpu + platform?

… assuming its not just different colours! are you sure those darker ones are the same white as the brighter one in the middle?

1 Like

Yes they were all cool blue.

Here is again It also seems that adding more light on the place makes the problem less noticeable

Edit:

I changed per pixel rendering to ON and now they look perfectly fine. But I guess it should look fine evem when its off?

ah okay, that would explain it then…

the special materials used for things like the animated rift/blink and LEDs are “largely” per-pixel as dont relate directly to lighting, but the specular/emissive components are lighting based, and with per-pixel off it will only be able to evaluate at each vertex which doesnt really work well for an LED animation which is massively reliant on per-pixel specular/emissive being different.

In the case of non-per-pixel lighting the entire texture is averaged to a single value that decides the emissive/specular of the entire block; which in the case of LED blocks means that the more “little squares” are lit up, the brighter the entire face becomes since its all averaged down to 1 value for the full face.

1 Like