Let’s brainstorm new monster types

Meteor lands and it just becomes a giant boss hopper!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind having large (not like giants in terms of what you might think of for a fantasy monster) singularly powerful creatures that attack other creatures. In fact, I think it would be nice to see some creatures attack one another. It makes sense that they would.

1 Like

–Land
-Snake. (clicks) Does DoT damage, high dps, low life.
-Hippo. (barks) Tanky but low dps
-Tiger. (elephant noises) high dps, jumps 3-4 blocks to climb where people hide from wildstock.
-(Boss)Golem types. (laughs) match the rock color from planet. throws boulders

–Water
-Piranha. (purrs like a cat) high dps, low life. speed hits like a wildstock
-Shark. (hisses) medium tanky/dps
-(Boss) Octopus (growls) high dps, has a gravitational pull

–Air
-Buzzard (lion roar) low life, high dps

3 Likes

Please no.

1 Like

I want a shoebill, can you imagine a freakin giant bird with a huge beak running after you?
Also it would be nice to have another source for chicken meat.

1 Like

Actually a 5% chance of the meteor exploding mid fight and killing everyone in range would be interesting (you’d still get rewards)

3 Likes

Awesome ideas

Yeah, like an enrage timer! Finish the meteor before it explodes for better rewards. BUT don’t nerf current drops.

What about a weaponized grapple? Like scorpion from mortal combat? Or rope dart weapon in kung fu?

That would be a cool long range weapon

1 Like

some kind of a monster that attacks with high-pitch sound (should have some basic fighting/defending abilities other tha that of course - but mainly shocking with sound), stunning oortlings for 10 sec or so (a bit like stun grenade effect)

10 second stuns even in PvE is a very long time. That’s enough for someone to die a few times over in this game. Gotta be careful with things like hard CC in a game like this. It can ultimately not bring a fun gameplay experience to players.

Just saying. lol

sure I pulled that 10sec time out of my ass - actual stats of any attack type etc is for the devs to iron out

1 Like

oof going off an earlier suggestion, a super charged road runner with aoe effects could be a super fun world boss.

Super fast so you’d need a build team ahead to build trap boxs, the roadrunner could have the ability to bounce up out of boxes or explode boxes, and run again then the build team would have to re-position while the scout team keeps it tracked. then the raid/hunt group catch back up to it and force it in to the trap builds. rinse repeat

It could be annoying but if the reward was justifiable it might also be fun as hell. I’ve been on some of those drunken meteor hunts. A roadrunner boss would wake those things up.

I still want fishing but no monsters in the water.

Honestly before monsters I would prefer more wildlife… birds and other things on all planets that don’t always try to KILL ME!

2 Likes

ultra rare jamesiator riding his super beast only one in entire universe if you manage to hit him with a @ he shoots off to another planet he has insane lifebar but he cant heal once the last piece off live is drained from him he drops an item off the next update
@james :joy:

7 Likes

Would be amazing if he had dev powers. Glitching you into a tree or off a cliff, or slamming you with anti gravity and you float into space.

shakes fist commically I’ll get you jamesiator, mark … my … words …

I really like this idea!

2 Likes

there could be a few kinds of them: clay, stone, wood, even water and lava golems

3 Likes

It would be awesome to see these Golems drop as meteor bosses. say they have 3-5 portals dropping during the fight. Then 1 larger opens at the end.
Have bosses like a Golem, a larger walking cuttletrunk, a more large and spiky wildstock. Have that boss drop the loot. would also stop the regen issue without no regen for 5 hours in the area

A fish.
Making us able to craft fishing poles.

WE SWIM OUT WITH OUR POLES, AND WE BEAT THE FISH T–banned

1 Like