Let Us Plant Oort Shards

I specified that once planted Oort that is planted will not be tradeable or sellable, if anything people would be more inclined to buy shards so they can plant them and enhance them as non tradeable fuel. the farming aspect is only to enhance your own fuel not for profit, it gives folks who would prefer not to hunt constantly a way of getting bang for their buck without toppling the market.

1 Like

Would the farmable oort hurt the Oort price or even it back out if the plantable oort only created an advanced fuel. Like combustion and kindling do?

My thoughts:

When the prestige plants die, they should be harvest-able to a new crafting additive that allows for more potent portal fuel. So you still need Oort shards but have some use for a worthless slow growing plant and a new way to fuel portals.

That or they shouldn’t die, in my opinion. I’ll never plant them when I can get permanent prestige from all the others.

Or another thought. Plant any seed in a refined oortstone block to have it mutate and the payout / growth time could depend on crop type. A non tillable farm with no seed yield so you will eventually consume any seed surplus in the economy.

I think an oort farm field would look amazing and take some effort.