Let us see time remaining on another player's beacon (poll)

Peyago didn’t respond to my question, I’m wondering’ if you would?

This is what I’m not understandin’, people talkin’ about camping? What benefit is there to sitting on someone’s plots for days in advance instead of just showing up later?

If it takes nothing from you, but gives you a large potential payoff, how is that not a benefit?

A lot of people have an extra key, or own multiple accounys.

If you are going to try to get the best plots then you need to make sure you are there first and possibly in a position to block others. (example the plots with the power coils or gem storage).

And to Peyago’s point, if you can set up a bot using a second account it costs you nothing.

1 Like

How can you block others if you can’t build on the plot?

We are back to the point we shouldn’t explain it for the good of the community

Wouldn’t this be something that needs to be patched and fixed to prevent griefing? I’ve never seen it happen but if it’s possible it should be fixed, right??

Ever heard of Jita? Even nowadays it’s possible to make Jita have the worst time dilitation, and let it “burn”.

But if you never played Eve online, in other words: there will always be a limit of how many players a planet can have connected at given time. It will be either artificial one, so game for that group is playable, or hardware/bandwitch one witch lags, server crashes, and ddoses

Not really sure what this conversation is about @CreativeWorlds, remaining time is not absolute, it can be expanded. Both sides have vague reasons, I don’t think there is even something to discuss.

1 Like

No. Having a visible timer would encourage scavengers to camp the beacon in larger numbers. This could cause problems if a particularly valuable plot expires, and could attract enough scavengers to max a servers player limit, or cause fighting as people snatch up different parts of a large plot at the same time. The less information a player has, the less potential for conflict.

If somebody else beats you to a beacon that you wanted because you could not see the exact timer, just negotiate with the presumably active new owner of that beacon.

4 Likes

i had an earlyer idea in EA to add option to beacon to give dips to the mayor and his selected crew members by default
been checking haradims beacon everyday now damn thing keeps burning lol must have secret berry fuel lol this option can be turned off offcoarse

I’d like to take your statement and apply it to…

Why can’t your rationale be used in this scenario also?

edit also, wouldn’t home owners on a planet have priority over the scavengers?

Wow, those were more hostile replies than I had expected :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say it would be a bad idea, not because people will try to steal the builds or plots, but rather it’d take the fun out of stumbling upon an abandoned build. I feel like having the timer be visible to everyone takes the fun out of it.

5 Likes

(Disclaimer: im at work so my replies are sporadic and all that)
Well sure, you could have scavengers negotiate for the rights of a large plot. The more people in the area, the higher the perception of value and demand, and the higher the asking price. I have no issue with a scavenger holding a few plots of a larger build for a few million coins. So sure, absolutely apply negotiations to this.

That doesn’t change my opinion, in fact it reinforced it. A massive bidding war every time property gets forgotten sounds awful to me.

Edit to address the edit: I dunno, I suppose that depends on how long a person camps a timer and all that. It doesn’t seem that the priority system is a perfect system to begin with.

2 Likes

So once the flame goes out on the beacon, the area is claimable and you can loot the items within how much time from start to finish ?

I heard the area starts getting replaced as quickly as 4 hours from the world/decay? Once the timer expires

Once the flame goes out the plot and items go through a seven day where it just randomly decays ? Is that correct

The flame effect changes to smoke for the last 7 days.
So when you see a smoking beacon, you know it’s within the last 7 days.
But there is no randomness involved. Just from an outside perspective where you don’t know when the last 7 days started to tick down.

After that the area becomes wild and regular world regeneration starts to kick in.
Even though regeneration starts shortly after the beacon runs out, it will take some time for the plots to fully regenerate depending on build size.

2 Likes

Thank you very much

1 Like

That’s a whole bag of nopes. I travel for my job. Don’t need some scrub watching my 400 plot area just to steal. And don’t give me that, match sure it’s fueled poop. My JOB dictates my game play. If I can’t play for 2-3 days, I don’t need to be worrying about griefers. If that’s the only way you know how to play games, is to grief, then Ark or Rust is probably a better game for you.

1 Like

I’m unsure who this is directed at or why you are accusing anyone of griefing. Seems kinda rude.

If you can’t play for 2-3 days your beacon isn’t going’to expire.

And if you can’t play for a long enough amount of time that your beacon does expire, you’ll lose everything on your plots because it’ll be regenerated.

In what scenario does anyone have the ability to grief you? Beacon fuel lasts 4, 8, 12 weeks, and if you don’t keep it refueled you lost everything anyway due to regen.

1 Like

That would be my preference. There are some people who are near my settlement and I was helping them build, but they haven’t been online from what I believe is 2-3 weeks. I would like to at least know if their beacon is close to expiring so I can plan ahead should it run out.