Let's Discuss Prestige

I’m not sure exactly how much changed in my settlement but looks like I got about 25k to 30k increase. Was a little over 750k now I have over 780k. I was worried i would take a hit.

I hear that a lot more then don’t. What’s the majority of your build out of?

Refined rock, Brick, refined wood mainly

yeah I’m happy with the changes. most builds in the city I’m in got boosted. no issues here.

2 Likes

I got a boost of about 25k, I honestly thought id take a hit as my build is mostly refined rock from the planet. I have lots of chiseling and open spaces though, alternatively the boost could be coming from all the empty plots that just had untouched landscape in them, that landscape was taking away prestige before the update and now its adding a little.

I think most people were pretty happy or neutral to the changes (discussed here) but lovely idea offering to help those in need.
I do hope this prestige will create a more creative approach to builds in the future

I think my main area that I buried a bunch of block lost about 100k. But between all my other characters the settlement went up in general. Was around 1million. Now 1.2 million.

Sounds like most people are having a good time with this change then. I think that’s good. I’m excited to see what people will come up with in the future too! Maybe a perfect blend of technology and nature?

1 Like

My prestige shot up by 50k but thats a lot of soil :stuck_out_tongue: plants and grass thats wasn’t taken into account before.

As far as I can see from my testing, soil and rock that already existed in a chunk will not contribute prestige (they’ll count as 0). But, if you removed that same 0 soil/rock and place it back, it will then count toward the prestige.

I tested this a few times but it would be good if other people could confirm the mechanic.

My thoughts for the reasoning on this are that if already-existent blocks gave prestige without being changed out, you could just claim and claim and claim land/mountains to raise prestige for a beacon with “no effort”, but this mechanic would prevent that from happening, as far as I can see.

Edit: One extra thing to make note of, is that even though base materials can give prestige now without any processing or refining, going around replacing all these blocks with themselves wouldn’t give as much prestige (I think) as if you actually replaced them with say, timber, or stones or refined rock, etc. (Someone feel free to say I’m wrong on this one by the way. :slight_smile:)

1 Like

300-500k bump for me. Wish i had written down my old prestige numbers. Decent amount of multi-hit chiseling and natural blocks finally adding points :smile:

I expected to lose because my lighthouse is all block. But, the floors are wood, and two different woods are used from two different planets, the stone is from a different planet and I have two areas with plants that are from other planets for decorations. Sand in the back with a mix of light sand and black stone to give a checkerboard patters and a wood dingy, from a different wood attached the pier beside the lighthouse.
It went up around 3k in prestige I think.

At a shop in the Sky Express, where I had taken out some of the stone to put in soil from one planet, tree trunks from another with some foliage to look like leaves on a tree on one wall, plants on the ground then the stands with plants and boulders to sell, that has gone up from 1099 to almost 11k prestige.
I had to put machined iron under the stands to get it up to the 10k prestige to get the footfall.

With the wood, foliage, soil and the plants/boulders it has helped me to get better prestige.

For those who had all gleam towers full of machined ores, of underground blocks of gleam and machines, they will lose out.

opps, it was light not black sand

1 Like

Ill have to see, but my soil blocks are all hand placed and seeded. I do have another area to clear that still has “natural” ground to play with, let you know in a bit.

1 Like

I did ok on this one. I forgot to take “night before” screenshots but the difference is underwhelming and I don’t mind.

I think I went from roughly 1.2x to 1.31 mil overall.

EDIT

Pre Update: 1,022,199 Lantern Gardens 1072N 352E
Post Update: 1,033,641 Lantern Gardens 1072N 352E

Thanks for sharing the link below. That’s just my main build but a couple of small shop type builds saw similar effects.

Someone else made a ‘night before’ list of prestige here:
https://pastebin.com/EJi6Tm1A

3 Likes

That’s cool. I’m going to check what what my other place is at now too.

For me it was "whatever"situation. I gain prestige in every build but thats not the point cause i honestly dont care about prestige as some do.

I think overall changes are great. We going to see hopefully more “liveable” (dunno is that a word… at least now it is lol) Builds.

Also this stops people building 250 block high “prestige towers” in 1hours. At least i guess.

3 Likes

I was worried it was going to go down for my main build on Alcyon, but I ended up being positively surprised:

Morrivée Crossing on Alcyon:
1,867,540 -> 2,006,600 (+139,060)
Home/Shop on Sochaltin I:
254,723 -> 292,364 (+37,641)
Growth Farm on Trung:
51,988 -> 73,040 (+21,052)

My Gyosha Mall outlet also gained about 10k, messed up saving the exact amount though.

For those who have lost a lot of prestige and are upset, look at it as a challenge. I know that to work hard on something and see it not be as great by others is disheartening, but don’t let it get you down.

Think of how you can change it. Did you make a spaceship of all metal? What about the inside? But in cabins with floors of decorative wood, put stones in what could e be shower areas with glass to divide the cubicles. Make a mess hall, even if it is small with some tables and make decorative stone trenches for the crew to sit on as they eat.

Make gleam that instead of using them for signs use them for windows in a room that the crew and officers could look out as they travel through space, see the stars, even the planets that the ship orbits around. Make a room that has soil, some plants to give a sense of home, or could look like it is growing fresh food for the crew.

Use your imagination. You have a castle? Put up metal railing, some gleam beams to be lights, metal beams that you could attach torches to which would give lights. Make beds, place wood blocks down and use the chisel to shape it into a frame, line the inside with colored sand or soil to look like a bedspread. Make a table and chairs to have in a dining area, make some long wood tables and shape long blocks to be trenches for everyone to set on. Take compact gold and shape it into a table shape, put some chairs and have a special dining area for the Lord and Lady of the castle. Put up decorative gems in their bedchamber to show off how wealthy they are in in front of the entrance to the castle grounds with a path of mixed of gems, metal and refined gem to make a special path.

Have water close by? Make a pier and have a small ship, put some cargo in it. Gold, iron, copper blocks, some gems, rough, compact and decorative in one area to look like loot being brought back.

Just because you lost prestige doesn’t mean you can’t gain it back, it just means you have to think of different ways. For those who saw it as just a way to get prestige and take over a area, to reach the goal of being Warden, Viceroy or whatever; maybe you need to think of what you want now. Still want that title? Then change your builds to match what is needed.

3 Likes

If you hollow out that buried rock, it might give you a bump.