Leveling up

What would you guys say is one of the best ways to level? Making this thread to help all the newer players out! (And myself :wink: ) so list all the stuff you do when trying to level up!

In the current state of the game I think it’s definitely hunting, especially in a group

1 Like

Work through your objectives and feats list.

2 Likes

@jiivita recently had a great youtube video on that topic you might want to check it out, actually you might want to check out all his Boundless videos :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Was just about to mention this. I watched it and found it really helpful. Thanks @Jiivita for making these.

9 Likes

I’ve found mining to be good at low level. It’s safe and I gather a lot of materials I can use to build a workshop and craft things once I get enough skills.
I should go watch jiivita’s new video too, see what I’ve been missing.

3 Likes

Thanks I watched this and I’m going with a custom hunter build. Once I get more attuned to the game I’ll make class builds because skill sets and mobs are my top skills when it comes to games. Made a few builds for wareframe, path of exile, and Diable 3 so I’m gonna invest in this game and make skill trees per each type of class build and best way to go about it :slight_smile: might take a month or two before I learn everything about it and things are already being updated atm with hunters. Also gonna try and reach out to J.

2 Likes

Turning rock into stone with teaching pie is the fastest way to lvl an alt, as your main character doing daily group hunts if you can attend and normal progression (mine, craft, ect) should get you up in lvl pretty fast now a days, you can get 3x3 hammer for 6k and pie for around 500 so just farming inky leaf for an hour and sell them will give you enough to buy these item and get massive amount of rock to refine and lot of ore to keep you going to buy more hammer and more pie! Once you are about lvl 20/25 you could upgrade to gem hammer and start going to T5/T6 and farm gems there for a bigger return.

You can hit lv 50 in 1 day simple.

Skipping the craft your first set of tools part
Blah blah get a few coins buy a iron fist and sling bow.
Kill things till you reach a lv were you can solo meteors on Merika so keep leveling health and defense skills grab the damage epic and the health epic when you can now kill meteors for an hour or 2 now you should have enough oort to sell for a 3x3 hammer persistence pies and teaching pies. Get the mass craft skill

Somewhere along the line make 200 crafting tables
Get all the hammer skills and speed skills plus durability skill if you have enough points.
Now go strip mining rock after you eat your persistence pie do this until you have enough rock to fill all your crafting tables eat a xp pie fill your tables rinse repeat so on so forth lol.

50 in 1 day is probably doable with enough dedication and know how but i’d suggest just playing the game normally as it will be much more enjoyable. At least up until your 30s

3 Likes

The best system I have found is to have you and a friends go dig a hole 3 deep in the ground. The char that is being leveled jumps into th hole and starts placing the highest exp block you have. The other person fills up there inventory so that they don’t take the destroyed block when it drops and spam destroys the block. This creates a loop where the person placing can place the block infinitely as long as the person above can destroy it…
With machines copper this gives about 200k exp per hour and double that with a teaching pie and even more exp if both players use a mega fast brew…
Typically I can get a new char to 20 in 30 min