Liquid builds! What do you have planned?

As the topic says, what do you have planned for the placeable liquids once they hit? I’m going to be greatly expanding a lake to go underneath my mothership at the exodus. I already have it dug out, just need the content to go live so I can make it look pretty enough to post pic’s lol.

3 Likes

depending on how flow works you should be able to make a water elevator!

2 Likes

I have many plans;)

A waterfall or two for sure, running down the side of the hill near my settlement and into canals or pools. Some little decorative ponds here and there.

What I really want to do though is build a massive flume slide down into a pool. :smiley: One of the devs said water doesn’t have any push, but I’m thinking, maybe it will work if I build it like a regular slide with ice or slide blocks then throw water blocks down it. It will act like a flume slide perhaps that way even if only visual.

1 Like

lol, even if it is only visual, I am sure it will feel like you are going faster.

1 Like

a massive city build by aquatopians white stone gold arches and blue waterfalls coming from each corner imaginable on a planet called aquarius image

8 Likes

I will be looking forward to that! I remember when you started the first aquatopia, went on break and returned to find it was a monster!

ok ok ok ok ok! I’m pretty excited about fluids!
about three months ago I made an underground riverbed and it sounds like with the forged tool I will be able to collect lots of water fast so river white rage here I come. also gonna add water to my temple thing like in EA.
so yha farming is cool and all by !!!WATER!!! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

- “Buzz, I’m afraid the Farming update isn’t going to be for me! It’s just gonna add more grind and I’ll be forced to go to those exo-worlds I don’t like and-”
- “Shush Woody, I have two words for you. Water canals.”

3 Likes

download

2 Likes

Various thing… aqueducts, waterfalls, fountains

3 Likes

I think every hub (including mine) will have some kind of liquid feature…just careful with the lava-falls, people! :sweat_smile:

Moats, waterfalls, fountains, canals, I got plenty of ideas!!!

We do need some nasty water creatures too tho, they don’t come out, but attack you when you jump in!

Ohh, and then of course ‘placeable creatures’ muahahahahahahahaha.

And ehmm, a draw bridge would be nice! Or just doors that can open/close over their length :smiley:

1 Like

Creature lures or meteorite summoners would be great, would let us go wild building fortifications

1 Like

If we can place creatures, or have a block with which we can spawn them (since they could be killed, once they are, a new one is spawned after a few minutes or like with the auto open/close door mechanism when players are a bit furter away).

This way we have a start of making our own content. Make a labyrinth and let creatures spawn in there, you need to kill them to get past them. Or make a really nasty grapple course with water below with nasty water creatures, etc.

This could be rather fun!

3 Likes

Yes, love this Aenea!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve got a labyrinth on my to-do list, with monster spawners and traps and hidden treasure plinths to find I think it could be a blast for folks (literally, if ambushed by a hopper :wink: ).

1 Like

we have the old one rebuild on niazed ka 3times the size def check it out :smile:

1 Like

Creativerse has that. It’s a block you can wire to a sensor (which detects incoming players/creatures/both in a space you can resize) or to a lever or other forms of triggering events.
BUT you have to provide loot to the creature spawner which also acts like a container. Once a creature is spawned with it, the creature inherits the loot contained in the spawner. So you have to put loot back everytime a creature is spawned. Except if you’re creating an adventure, which is a game mode where you can basically save a build you made like some kind of instanced dungeon, World of Warcraft style, with entrance, check-points, and exit.

Something like that in Boundless could be fun.

2 Likes