Locks not working

player telling me they can access my locked crafting tables if they try to access it from looking down on it, while above it a block or so…

they have access to my beacon there as a villager but i thought locks were to keep anyone but the lock-smith out.

they said they cant access it from in front but from up top they can get in to any of them.

please check and fix thanks

What’s the location and do you have a screenshot?

1 Like

Locks don’t currently protect anything if someone has been added to your beacon, as they can just remove the lock anyway. There was a thread about it some time ago when the game was updated to only allow you to build machines inside of a beacon, which them effectively locked them anyway.

Personally I’d like locks and the items they are locking, to be unbreakable by anyone other than a beacon owner. I’d also prefer for locks to have a set of permissions, like the beacon control, so you can assign people who can access the locked items.

4 Likes

Yeah, definitely this will be needed for when guilds form - just because you want a new unknown member to have access to the tool stores, doesn’t mean you want them having access to the gold/titanium stores.

I’ve actually found one of my locked doors left open around 4 weeks ago, I just assumed a dev had been round to check on something and left it open. It’s never happened since then.

1 Like

I realised sometimes if the lock isnt beaconed, it acts a little weird. Had it in a build where the double door had one side open and the other didn’t.

i dont have a screen shot but its in my heart temple. i guess ill need to log in and remove everyone from my beacon permissions till locks are locksmith only access,

or permissions based per lock…

kinda scary. i wonder if my gem hammer and slingbow are still there D:

i havent been motivated to log in since the intro of portals … as there are certain things that simply ruin the experience for me…

namely the 20% duration hit on death to tools, the cost>size ration of portals beacons, enemies swarming you in like five minutes of exploration… general durability loss not scaling with tool quality etc.

Definitely not something we would do. Only a few of us have admin rights on the live worlds, to prevent the possibility of introducing weird bugs/behaviours.

the location and screens are here. i dont have screens of the player being able to get into locked stuff but i take their word for it.

they were a villager as mentioned, not sure if thats going to be changed as suggested.

also, the gem stuff wasnt stolen/used. i didn tthink they would but you never know. until locks are locksmith or permission based, ive removed all players from the ‘village’ and set up machines for ratoftime to use at one of my other beacons that do not have valuables.

I didn’t mean that as a dig, I am more than happy for you guys to do anything you like at my place if it helps identify problems - especially if I’ve just reported a bug of some type :slight_smile:

This was a while back now but the last thing I do before logging off is check both doors are closed. No-one is added to my beacon, my doors and locks are inside my plots - I logged in the next morning to find one of my doors open. It’s never happened before or since, so it made sense they’d been to check something and left a door open. The door in question has been destroyed due to me upgrading my property recently so I can’t give details of it.

If it wasn’t a dev checking on something it could have been maybe a few seconds server roll back happened? or that locks are actually bugged - which if that is the case it really needs us players to get out there and test to try and make it happen again before guilds come in.

Oh no no its cool, didn’t take it as such. Just that if something like that happens again in the future, report it, as it could be a bug or something else unintended. The only time we would step in, like that, is if we were investigating something the beacon owner had reported :slight_smile:

1 Like