Login already in use (email)

Upon James Austin’s request I have posted here for visibility. This post was originally in STEAM discussion (Boundless > Help & Tech Support > Topic Details) forums.

Start steam. Click Play on Boundless. Boundless Pre Alpha page comes up. Bottom of page go to: I need to create an account. Type in: username, password, and email. Click create account and play. Error in red letters appears: This email address is already in use.

Click on: I already have an account. Click on: Forgot password. From there, taken to: https//ga.me/games/boundless-preview where I can click on my name/portrait on the upper left.
Click on where it says: Hey “your name here” set your email! Type in email address in box that appears. New message appears: This email message is unavailable.

I am but tired of trying different things at this point. Any advise please?

After the above, I was asked if the issue had been resolved and the following ensued:
Before I post my reply from STEAM I would like to note the following:
I purchased the game on a weekend date.
I wrote my forum message asking for assistance on a weekend date.
Upon not receiving an answer in a timely manner (not even a “we have other issues man, we’ll get to you when we get to you” I took matter into my own hands) say a few to several hours, the following ensued:

No, it wasn’t (as in the original question, it was not answered).
I had to: create a new email address (although I could log into the website with my account and password without issue; that is, the account I had linked with STEAM and in the Ga.Me website which the Boundless client Sign-in instruction failed to recognize).
Entered the new email address when prompted to create the new account, and got in without issue.

To my surprise, I found an email today (Monday, after the weekend passed), in the correct email mind you -that’s is the one I could not log into-, telling me to change my password. I didn’t need a password reset. What I did need was my account email to be recognized by the Ga.Me STEAM/Boundless whatever is going on there, but it did not.

Frankly though, going forward, and I mean beyond Alpha, now I am curious to see if this error which is completely beyond me, may cause me to have to purchase a new copy of the game, or unlink my STEAM account from the current email account I had to create, then link the game to the proper email address/STEAM account thus losing any pertinent perks I may earn from the first day of gameplay onwards.

I’ve been an Alpha-Tester for many titles over the last decade, this type of issue is not new to me. However, please email me for more details, logs, etc.

Lastly, I have been playing with my new email address which I guess is now solely for Boundless (very unique I guess), without issue.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you had such trouble. I have 5 different accounts and all went well, but I bought all directly on Boundless site. I hope devs can resolve this for you so you can use your proper email, though it might be out of their hands since Steam is also in game.